What do you lot think to this battery fit ?

Craigh9916

Yes it has worn the slots down on the tool itself so any battery is loose , the tool still works fine I just think the vibration has caused this and this will end up being a common fault as I bought mine when they were first released and yes mine is used a lot so maybe I'm one of the first to get this problem and others will follow soon ? I'm waiting for bosch to get back to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some omt's add foam padding on the back of the battery slot to mitigate the vibration on the battery pack.

Mine hasn't it slides in the same slot as on any other bosch 18v , when I first mentioned this problem to bosch they said that they haven't experienced this on any of there ones used in the training department ! But to be fair training isn't the real world I wonder how much cutting above their heads they do in training ?

Not that much probably. The other thing is most testing is done in jigs to have a repeatable test, so you can base it off something. Crazy that it happened to you I hope Bosch makes things right I'm  sure that battery bounces around now.

Most tools with high vibration have rubber inserts to absorb vibration at that contact, but they can fall out sometimes.  You should check a newer one to see if there are some that are missing.  It might even fix the problem if those were an integral part of the rail, but at the very least it could help keep the problem from getting worse and keep it from happening again if you get it replaced.

Sure enough, it's just worn. I imagine it was just from sliding the battery on and off. I'd build it back up with either electrical tape(you'll have to re-do it often) or repair putty: http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/epxy_putty/overview/Loctite-Repair-Putty-Multi-Purpose.htm

You can also see if you can source a broken drill or a drill shell. The putty will work well but it will be a pain in the ass to sand it smooth.

Sure enough, it's just worn. I imagine it was just from sliding the battery on and off. I'd build it back up with either electrical tape(you'll have to re-do it often) or repair putty: http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/epxy_putty/overview/Loctite-Repair-Putty-Multi-Purpose.htm

You can also see if you can source a broken drill or a drill shell. The putty will work well but it will be a pain in the ass to sand it smooth.

I think it's worn from vibration as none of my other kit has worn from sliding the battery on and off ! It's under warranty and I'm trying to get them to sort it as this shouldn't have happened in about 18 months of use ?

Oh good, I guess I missed the part that it was under warranty. It definitely shouldn't have worn like that in that time.

The reason I believe it was from the battery plugging in and out is because the wear tapers. I'd imagine if it was from vibration that it would be more worn near the rear. As the battery straightens out in the motion of being plugged in, it's wearing less. That's all theory...regardless, either way the wear is happening, it's not acceptable and not what I'd expect from any of the name brand tool manufacturers.

• Like 1

No I thought that originally but they all tapper like that as the batteries are shaped like that on the bosch I will take a photo and you will see , one thing where I have seen wear is on the part that clicks the battery into place as the battery has that bit that pops up into the tool to hold it into place

I see. The slide on the battery gets thicker at the rear which, corresponds to the thicker part on the tool, but it has vibrated enough that the thicker part of the battery has worn away the plastic, causing the battery to drop a little. 

Also, you must use this a lot. What are you mostly cutting with this?

I see. The slide on the battery gets thicker at the rear which, corresponds to the thicker part on the tool, but it has vibrated enough that the thicker part of the battery has worn away the plastic, causing the battery to drop a little. 

Also, you must use this a lot. What are you mostly cutting with this?

Yes that's exactly what's happened , I do use this a lot and it's used for lots of different jobs in timber as well as cutting upvc and cutting through nails too but nothing that makes it work hard and I always let the blade do the work . From day one I had noticed how much the tool it's self had a lot of vibration through it a lot more then my fein multi tool and I just thought it was just how much a bosch multi tool vibrated through the body of the tool but now I'm thinking maybe mine has a fault and that's why it's worn the slots ?