I don't know why but I have been watching old local tv commercials

DR99

Something about them is really quaint especially ones from the 80's/90's. I don't know why but it really does seem like a different world back then. I think it's because it was pre internet for most people that really changed how everything worked.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Back before everyone gave up on Detroit. Also did you perhaps pick up on a little double entendre in the Vic Tanny ad or was that just me?

No that commercial was pretty dirty. She was also pretty attractive for an 80's girl usually they had crazy hair back then.

3 hours ago, DR99 said:

Something about them is really quaint especially ones from the 80's/90's. I don't know why but it really does seem like a different world back then. I think it's because it was pre internet for most people that really changed how everything worked.

Wow Jason. I don't like you anymore. First off.....you post 8:36 minutes of commercials. Then.....I watch 8:36 minutes of commercials.  Then I realized.....hey, that's when I grew up.  I used to have that hair. Then? I see Brooke Shields and think....wow, she's only five years older than me. Then? I google her. Then? I realize though she is still hot and five years older than me....I am not. Thanks Jason. Thanks.

• Like 5

Whoops wasn't the plan!! Why don't you buy a Honda Spree to feel better :) That's another thing that was huge back in the day teenagers having mopeds. I think that changed as you can start driving so much earlier now with the graduated license

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Whoops wasn't the plan!! Why don't you buy a Honda Spree to feel better :) That's another thing that was huge back in the day teenagers having mopeds. I think that changed as you can start driving so much earlier now with the graduated license

My dad just got rid of his spree a couple years before I got my license. 

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Wow Jason. I don't like you anymore. First off.....you post 8:36 minutes of commercials. Then.....I watch 8:36 minutes of commercials.  Then I realized.....hey, that's when I grew up.  I used to have that hair. Then? I see Brooke Shields and think....wow, she's only five years older than me. Then? I google her. Then? I realize though she is still hot and five years older than me....I am not. Thanks Jason. Thanks.

If it makes you feel any better, Chris, she was probably equally hotter than you then as now.

Just trying to help, my man.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

My dad just got rid of his spree a couple years before I got my license. 

Yea, mopeds were huge with teenagers in the 90's early 90's they started to go out of fashion as I was a teen in the mid to late 90's.

3 hours ago, DR99 said:

Another thing is you can't even give an old tube TV away no one wants them anymore!!

Got one sitting in the corner of my garage... garbage men wouldn't take it, you have to take them to a certified TV recycling center.

https://vimeo.com/168792605

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Glasseyi said:

You use festool sanding disks? Are they made by Mirka?

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkemoji848.png

I actually use both John. Festool has some of the best paper on the market and you pay for it but the abrasives last and last. I ended up trying out Mirka brand (gold and mesh) absolutely awesome paper and really like the results I get. As far as I know, Festool paper is made by Festool though and don't believe there is any affiliation between the two but they have a healthy competition as Mirka makes a high end sander the Deros. Arguably the best on the market. 

• Like 1