Where to find cheap lawnmower batteries?

So for the past month I've been putting my battery on a trickle charger for a 1/2 hour before i mow the lawn b/c it's dead. Getting tired of it so want to pick up a new battery. I went to Pep Boys and it was $50 for one. anyone have any suggestions on where to find cheap lawnmower batteries. Below are pictures of my battery I was told I could go with a 250cca since they are more common and it would still be safe. I know with lawnmower batteries the positive can be on the left or the right. they had a 250 cca one at Home Depot today for $30, but the + was on the wrong side.

I currently have a Diehard 230 CCA - LG-2 -- U1R (+ is on the right)

53d279d25990484f892020a1ce1383eb.jpg

308529bf95b96961e2781c457a702cb0.jpg

8568f9adef869330d6b01b1a14448b14.jpg

If you have a Napa auto parts near you they have lawn and garden batteries on sale from time to time for $20. I'm not sure if the size of them though. If you keep a trickle charger on it when you are done with it for the year it should last a lot longer. Running a battery dead will greatly shorten the life of it.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:39 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Wow that's a name I've not heard in a long time

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WalMart? ???

LOl Yeah Walmart is going to be the cheapest place I know of to get a battery for the tractor. Though I will say I was absolutely AMAZED that I was able to pick up an AGM battery for my motorcycle from Amazon for $30 shipped. They are in the $80+ range any more and I thought the $30 price was too good to be true. Works perfect though, so it's worth a check.

WalMart? ???

LOl Yeah Walmart is going to be the cheapest place I know of to get a battery for the tractor. Though I will say I was absolutely AMAZED that I was able to pick up an AGM battery for my motorcycle from Amazon for $30 shipped. They are in the $80+ range any more and I thought the $30 price was too good to be true. Works perfect though, so it's worth a check.

Ehhh I was more referring to Farm and Fleet being the name long forgotten in the rusty remains of yesteryear

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1