which milwaukee fuel circular saw

Bmill25

So, I have to buy a circular saw in a few days and I was wondering if the 6 1/2 or 7 1/4 saw is the best or if they are the same? I dont really care which side the blade is on, but does one have more power?

I can't say anything about the 6 1/2 but I've had the 7 1/4 since it came out and have had real good luck with it. It's done just as good as any corded saw I've ever used as far as power. Use it to rip down concrete forms and 2x10 or 12 all the time and unless the battery is getting low it zips right through.

Sure the other one is probably just as good, main reason I got it was it has same size blade as every other saw so don't need to stock up on a different size for one tool.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Love the 6 1/2", very powerful, light enough to swing around and can still cut 2x lumber. You only lose 3/4" which would only affect ply stacks. Blades aren't as available not plate the tooth counts as the 7 1/4". But I still went with the 6 and no complaint.

Either route you need multiple passes for 4x4

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Honestly it's prob a wash unless you really have a preference for right or left blade or need the extra depth or cut at angles a lot where more depth always helps. That being said blade availability is nicer for a 7 1/4 and always will.

Case in point: I was on the pro checkout line at HD yesterday and looked down and saw Diablo's new track tooth 7 1/4" blades on sale for 2 for $10 on a flyer. I looked 3 feet over and there was a box of the new ones right there. That won't really happen with 6 1/2 blades because you'll prob need to wait longer for new blades and they won't be the subject of sales like that as often because they aren't made in volume like the far more common 7 1/4.  Not the end all be all but it's nice knowing you have the selection, price and availability always on your side...

BTW- those new blades were cutting wet pressure treated lumber like butter

?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 3

I have the 7 1/4 fuel and have really liked it. I didn't even thing about what side the blade is on, but now that I have it I realize it's opposite of what my old corded saw was, so it feels backwards. Even if I knew that from the start, I probably would still go 7 1/4 because of blade availability.

15 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Unless you're running through blades like crazy I don't think availability or cost should be a consideration compared to the blade side.

my thoughts exactly. FYI the motor housing size is identical, and I believe the motor is too.

I ended up getting the 7 1/4 inch saw. I made a few rest cuts on a piece of hardwood and it cut beautifully. My decision to get the larger version was easy. It was the only one the had in stock. 

• Like 2