Tools You Wished Your Team Made and Tools You are Glad Your Team Makes

Cheng Liu

What cordless tools do other brand(s) make that you wish yours did? Also what is one cordless tool that you are glad that your brand makes that others or most others do not? As a member of team lime green (Ryobi) I really wish they would make a cordless wet/dry shop vac like the one that Milwaukee has. Another one would be a framing nailer like the one Dewalt has, although I would prefer if they could make it 21 degrees rather than 34 degrees. One tool that Ryobi makes and no other brand (that I know of) makes that I love is the inflator. It has been very useful for me to do many things from inflating my tires, to inflating basketballs, footballs, soccer balls etc and the other side has been great for things like air mattresses.

Quite a few things but I would like to see Metabo or Bosch make a 180/360 degree lantern like Milwaukee and Makita. 

An inflator like Ryobi would be great too.  

Good call, that inflator is brilliant, I would love that for pumping up drain line test ball plugs for when pressure testing a system, as well as the pressure on the system itself. I may have to look into getting one anyways, despite my red preference. I do have the ryobi hybrid lights, love them, Milwaukee came out with something similar, but too late. I love that Milwaukee has a plethora of m12 tools, they are my most used cordless tools by a long shot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm not sure of something that makita makes that others don't but I certainly wish they made a good Brad nailer and that they made finish and framing nailers at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a brad nailer but I've heard it's junk

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't really think of one cordless item that Milwaukee doesn't have that others do, and that I really need professionally. If I were a carpenter, then perhaps, but they are starting to address a lot of that, too. There's a lot of things they do make that make me sure glad I didn't go another route when it was time to upgrade a few years back - I know for certain that I would want to do without my M18 Hole Hawg.

13 hours ago, Cheng Liu said:

What cordless tools do other brand(s) make that you wish yours did? Also what is one cordless tool that you are glad that your brand makes that others or most others do not? As a member of team lime green (Ryobi) I really wish they would make a cordless wet/dry shop vac like the one that Milwaukee has. Another one would be a framing nailer like the one Dewalt has, although I would prefer if they could make it 21 degrees rather than 34 degrees. One tool that Ryobi makes and no other brand (that I know of) makes that I love is the inflator. It has been very useful for me to do many things from inflating my tires, to inflating basketballs, footballs, soccer balls etc and the other side has been great for things like air mattresses.

Ryobi did have a Canister Wet/Dry Vacuum I have one but it was discontinued and relatively rare. The performance wasn't that great as it was launched during the nicad Ryobi era. The Ryobi infatoris awesome I won't give up on Ryobi as a platform I own because of the weird tools like that

For you Milwaukee folks, I know my DeWALT DCE100 blower came with an adapter to use it as an inflater /deflater (depends which port you hook it to, I don't know what kind of pressure it develops and it won't work to inflate tires, but it will for air matresses, pool floats and low pressure balls. Does the Milwaukee equivalent come with one too?

4 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

For you Milwaukee folks, I know my DeWALT DCE100 blower came with an adapter to use it as an inflater /deflater (depends which port you hook it to, I don't know what kind of pressure it develops and it won't work to inflate tires, but it will for air matresses, pool floats and low pressure balls. Does the Milwaukee equivalent come with one too?

ryobi sells a cordless inflator tool for about 20 bucks. I don't think the blower could generate enough pressure for that type of inflation, its not an actual air pump

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

ryobi sells a cordless inflator tool for about 20 bucks. I don't think the blower could generate enough pressure for that type of inflation, its not an actual air pump

It must develop some, it uses a twist lock retention system to ensure it doesn't blow off due to restriction. If you told me it had a 5, 8 or 10 PSI capacity, I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's purpose is to avoid huffing and puffing while blowing something up with your lungs.

It must develop some, it uses a twist lock retention system to ensure it doesn't blow off due to restriction. If you told me it had a 5, 8 or 10 PSI capacity, I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's purpose is to avoid huffing and puffing while blowing something up with your lungs.

I've used it in my air mattress and it works really nice but again there is less internal pressure than a tired

Jimbo

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

I've used it in my air mattress and it works really nice but again there is less internal pressure than a tired

Jimbo

I guess it could be called a HVLP inflator. It wouldn't take much for any of the brands to adapt a 12V vehicle power (used to be called a lighter) compressor to run off their 12 volt batteries. It'd be cheap and easy.

As for cordless tools, I'd love a DeWALT 12V Max 18 gauge brad nailer and 23 gauge pinners. I would also like the 12V batteries to have the fuel gauges. I know you aren't suppose to store the batteries at full charge and I remain baffled as to how you are supposed to ensure it is at the right level. I know Milwaukee's line is a lot more popular and has a lot more tools available, but I like that the same charger works for both the 12 and 20 volt lines. 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2016 at 10:58 PM, jswoger1986 said:

I'm not sure of something that makita makes that others don't but I certainly wish they made a good Brad nailer and that they made finish and framing nailers at all

Makita do make Framing Nailers

9 hours ago, jswoger1986 said:

Sorry I meant to say cordless. I know they make pneumatic nailers I want to look into a few of them

They do make cordless (with gas) ones. http://www.makita.co.nz/products/model/GN900SE

I wish they would make an 18v one like Dewalt do, if thats what you meant.

On 6/22/2016 at 7:12 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Are you referring to this inflator? This one has two modes one (the side depicting a tire) is for high pressure lower volume things i.e. tires or basketballs, the other side (depicting an air mattress) is for lower pressure higher volume devices i.e. beach balls and air mattresses. It does cost $40 though although I would consider it worth it.

Are you referring to this inflator? This one has two modes one (the side depicting a tire) is for high pressure lower volume things i.e. tires or basketballs, the other side (depicting an air mattress) is for lower pressure higher volume devices i.e. beach balls and air mattresses. It does cost $40 though although I would consider it worth it.

50122c02a2e3f97b6101d421f0323f15.jpg

Jimbo

• 3 weeks later...