Xdt09 or oil impulse?

rrich1

Anyone have this impact driver? I have the non speed control lxdt08z and wondering if it is worth the upgrade? Both are brushless. I am really wanting to get the oil impulse driver for the lower noise.

How loud is the xdt09? Are the lower speeds softer sound wise?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I own both the oil impulse and the DTD170 (bought on Ebay from Japan). I absolutely love both of them but I find myself reaching for the oil impulse 90% of the time. This tool is so quiet yet very powerful. The specs aren't the same as the power is stated as lower but with the way the oil impulse works, it drives screws and smaller lags quickly. What I like most is the superb feathering ability of the trigger combined with the smooth hammer action of the oil impulse. This allows me to tighten screws and hardware with infinite precision. Don't get me wrong, the DTD170 is amazing! This impact is insanely powerful. Being a trim carpenter and doing small renovations, the oil impulse is fantastic for my needs.

• Like 1

Rich, did you end up getting a saw?

Not yet. I believe I am going to go with the Hitachi 12" slider. Best bang for the buck at $400 plus any rebates from Menard's or Lowes with the 10% off coupon code.

• Like 2

Not yet. I believe I am going to go with the Hitachi 12" slider. Best bang for the buck at $400 plus any rebates from Menard's or Lowes with the 10% off coupon code.

Glad to hear I e had my eye on that one when I'm ready for the big boy miter

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk