Dewalt Bluetooth batteries

Craigh9916

Lol Jimbo! Hey magic 8 ball, what do you think of these Bluetooth batteries? *shake*... "Outlook not so good".

or maybe us lowly construction workers are just more likely to lock ourselves out of our own tools with all this newfangled technology (...doubt it). 

• Like 1

I'm a pro - I don't need the tool recommending what type of bit I should use, or deciding for me what speed is best for a given application. I haven't spoken to one fellow tradesman as yet that has found any real use for it. It may be wowing gadget-heads, but it's not impressing anyone that I know.

Sparky this is off topic but related to me hating technology, earlier this month I switched back to Comcast cable, I have their X1 system which the 3 cable boxes are all connected and what not... Long story short the box in the living room kept freezing, after an hour dicking around with the box I learned you have to reset all 3 boxes in order to get it going... Moral of the story the smarter this stuff gets the more stuff to go wrong I.e Bluetooth in batteries

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry Jimbo, I decided my post was maybe a little rant-ish, so deleted it. I know some guys are into it, I'd just rather see all the R&D money go elsewhere.

It has its purpose for tracking I can see that but I think the Dewalt blue tooth is a little lacking because locking the battery off doesn't prevent the tool from growing legs

Jimbo

1 hour ago, sparky603 said:

Sorry Jimbo, I decided my post was maybe a little rant-ish, so deleted it. I know some guys are into it, I'd just rather see all the R&D money go elsewhere.

While I feel somewhat similar to you sparky, I don't think "all the R&D money" is as large a sum as we might be inclined to think. Most of this stuff is already built into tools these days; every tool communicating w battery etc. The way TTI funnels money into Milwaukee I doubt hiring a team of software engineers/programmers detracts from the amount of people using their "rapid prototype lab" or whatever they call it haha. 

It has its purpose for tracking I can see that but I think the Dewalt blue tooth is a little lacking because locking the battery off doesn't prevent the tool from growing legs

Jimbo

I like the idea of pissing my work mates off when I walk away to my van and they decide to pick my impact driver up they will get annoyed when it doesn't work and I'm like use your own impact mate lol

• Like 1

I like the idea of pissing my work mates off when I walk away to my van and they decide to pick my impact driver up they will get annoyed when it doesn't work and I'm like use your own impact mate lol

Lol but from what I understand it only locks the battery right?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol but from what I understand it only locks the battery right?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I see that too but I suppose it just stops people picking yours up and using it there and then rather then there own , would be better if it was both tool and battery !

Yeah I see that too but I suppose it just stops people picking yours up and using it there and then rather then there own , would be better if it was both tool and battery !

From what I'm gathering from the grapevine, the Milwaukee will do just that soon

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bunch of guys won them at Christmas, last I heard they were bum batteries and stopped working after a month or so,@glasseyi has one

Jimbo

I am a "DeWalt Fan Boy".....and theses are "junk" in my opinion. I won one from TIA (thanks again Eric and Dan) and have since replaced it.

I would never buy one outright.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of fail safe with these if you have locked them off with your phone and you loose your phone or something then how can you get the battery to work again ? I'm thinking some sort of code sequence using the battery gauge button ?

There likely is, but I'd imagine it would require a trip to the service depot because otherwise every thief out there could do this and there would be no point to these batteries (which is subjective enough as is).

Yeah but I was thinking a code that you add into the app that you enter on the fuel gauge like 3 presses then a pause then 2 presses then one long press or something like that ?