Dual port flexvolt charger.

Jronman

So as many have known I recently purchased a flexvolt miter saw. I had a question about the charger. I was doing my initial testing to make sure the saw is in working order and noticed when I inserted the batteries into the charger it charged like normal but the fans didn't turn on on either port. From what I could see it looked like it had fans because there was a vent in the same location as the single port flexvolt fast charger and the manual, which I actually read, mentioned something about fans turning on when the batteries need cooling down. I tested a battery from the miter saw set in one of my single port flexvolt fast chargers and the fan turned on.

Does the dual port flexvolt charger have fans? If yes should they turn on shortly after a battery is inserted like the single port flexvolt fast chargers?

I also noticed that there is two versions of the charger. one has the ports with the fan vents and the other has ports that look like the 20v chargers and no vent. Mine has the vents.

Probably no fan because it's a standard Dewalt charger doubled; it charges both batteries at 4 amps. The yellow charger fan cools the battery because it charges at 8 amps. The vents are likely for passive cooling like most chargers.

On another note, the M18 rapid charger chargers at 6 amps with no fan and runs hot and makes an annoying noise. My yellow FlexVolt Dewalt charger w fan makes noise because of the fan but it's much less annoying than the rapid charger high pitch squeal lol. 

• Like 2

both variants have the same model number. I think one is for europe the other north america. theres this variant. the one without the vents. a78bb9fac75b41c413a2fac98b442455.jpg

then theres this one with vents. which I have. dcb132t2-qw.jpg
I realized when the manual mentioned a fan it was talking about the dcb118 (the fast charger)
It's kinda disappointing that the charger doesn't have fans. The batteries do get warm when they charge.

12 hours ago, Bremon said:

Probably no fan because it's a standard Dewalt charger doubled; it charges both batteries at 4 amps. The yellow charger fan cools the battery because it charges at 8 amps. The vents are likely for passive cooling like most chargers.

On another note, the M18 rapid charger chargers at 6 amps with no fan and runs hot and makes an annoying noise. My yellow FlexVolt Dewalt charger w fan makes noise because of the fan but it's much less annoying than the rapid charger high pitch squeal lol. 

I think I know what you mean. I've used my rapid charge MotherShip haha all the time and one time I heard it squealing, and realized I was hearing it because it was quiet. Any other time, there was too much noise around to hear it anyways, didn't even know it was making a sound

• Like 1