Worst nightmare

grampage

Same thing happen to me back in 2006 the day my first wife left.  Never could prove anything so it I had to just suck it up. Someone set my out building on fire and I lost everything. A project motorcycle (Honda Dream) my welders, two riding lawn mowers, my daughters atv and mine, all my tools, torches, you name it. Fortunately my home owners reimbursed me for most of my tools, but the motorcycle and atv's would not be replaced because they ere suppose to be insured under another policy.  Took me two years to get the heart to clean the mess up. Still pisses me off to this day when I think about it. 

• Like 1

I should add that I hope no one has to go through such a thing. It is one of the worst things I've gone through in life. I think the only thing worse was loosing my sister at a young age, an then my uncle.

I still ask myself what if we didn't make it out. I remember leaving with my family. It's one of those things that looking back on it makes you appreciate life differently. 

• Like 3

You will find out who your friends are when you go through something like that.  The odd thing for me was I was always apprehensive about buying tools when I was married because I didn't like arguing over money I spent.  After the fire I never felt guilt about buying another tool.  Took me about 8 years to get back what I had lost. A little here and a little there. Now I have a better shop that's better equipped. Very thankful my out building was detached from my home, otherwise I would have lost all my pictures and family heirlooms.  The good side was The lord sent me a good women that is as crazy about guns and tools as I am.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, metaljunkie said:

You will find out who your friends are when you go through something like that.

That is so true. We had nothing to offer but a lot of people came forward and helped. I owe those people forever, never will I be able to repay them.  

I remember just watching everything an someone from up the street brought out a blankets an jackets for us. Another brought folding chairs after one offered we could go sit inside there house. One neighbor brought over hot coco. I mean there's so many people who helped how they could. It didn't necisarly need to be money but simple things helped.

We kept track of who helped. Almost everyone said just keep the money or pay it forward. Many of them we at least took out to dinner an shoveled there driveways and stuff like that. Like I said thoe I really can't repay those who helped. 

Of course there were people I thought cared an they just looked the other way. I learned who cared for my family. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

I emailed the author of the article. I'd be glad to donate a couple of tools to him! Hopefully I hear a reply soon. Also great idea grampage! Hopefully G2w can help out, or spread word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let me know if he responds. I would be willing to help as well. 

I have some money I can put towards the cause. I have a lot of extra tools thoe. I could probably donate more in lightly used tools. 

• Like 3

I was out of town when my building was torched, had to drive all night to get home.  My cousin noticed the fire when he was driving home from worked and stayed at my house until I got home.  I couldn't imagine loosing my home along with my tools.  Let me know what you guy's come up with and I'll be glad to pitch in what I can.

• Like 1

Let me know if he responds. I would be willing to help as well. 

I have some money I can put towards the cause. I have a lot of extra tools thoe. I could probably donate more in lightly used tools. 

Yeah I was also planning to send some tools his way. Most are used but still in great working shape. A couple are fairly new, and barely used. I figure he can even sell what he doesn't need. It wouldn't hurt me at all. Ill keep y'all posted if I get his info. And if anyone else gets it first please relay it to me as well.
Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...