New tools for Christmas

ikepete

So recently in the last few months I found out I'm going to be laid off. With the lay off I'm getting schooling paid for. I've decided to go into electrical. Not sure what direction I'll go with my degree, but I'm excited. Anyway, sant heard what I wanted to do and brought me a little present. 0dbf33ad1c72af72b89149e324c7f9a8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I also got some other tools I'll post later. It's always fun to get tools. This year I asked for specific tools. Iv learned that if I want quality tools I need to be specific when I ask for tools from family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sweet. I have the same Insulated set. I had to go on a call with one of our other service guys last year, and forgot my insulated Kleins. Stopped at HD and picked those up. Very good for the money! Can't go wrong with a fastback knife either! Have not tried the strippers, but they look nice. Good luck on your new journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The insulated screwdrivers are super nice. I really enjoy most of Milwaukees hand tools. Some need minor improvements but for the most part, are great tools. Love the lifetime warranty on them too.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They have a good look to them but they tend to use softer metals which don't hold up as well over time, and for what you pay for some of them I expect better

• Like 1

True but you get a fair amount of use out of them. Still less expensive than the Klein electrical tools.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Agreed the Klein 2 piece set of 1/4 standard, and #2 Phillips retails for $40. The 9 piece retails for $270

6 hours ago, ikepete said:

So recently in the last few months I found out I'm going to be laid off. With the lay off I'm getting schooling paid for. I've decided to go into electrical. Not sure what direction I'll go with my degree, but I'm excited. Anyway, sant heard what I wanted to do and brought me a little present. 0dbf33ad1c72af72b89149e324c7f9a8.jpg

Nice set of tools bro, best of luck with your future. 

Good luck bro. I'm sorry and excited for you!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ikepete said:

I did get som Kline stuff as well. I wanted the Kline 11 in 1. It's a nice tool

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-32700-Phillips-Drivers/dp/B00LQ9EPYG/ref=sr_1_38?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1483057189&sr=1-38&keywords=Klein+screwdriver

Try this one out, I have had it for a couple of years and it's pretty sweet!

• Like 2

I like that tool it looks like it would work well

• Like 1

I like that tool it looks like it would work well

I've had this for a while as well. Works great if you want to keep a light service pouch. I generally would use it with my 3.5" nut drivers, and torx bits in my small service pouch.

52 minutes ago, Daniel Julian said:

I got lots of gift cards and money for Christmas and put my order in right away. Package 1 of 4 arrived today!

IMG_5712.JPG

So I was trying different cuts and am very excited about being able to cut 4x4 posts now. Then I tried different batteries. Cutting the 4x4, the 9.0 was flawless, 5.0 flawless, 4.0 no problem, 3.0 had to move slow thru wood, but it made the cut... the 1.5 ah wouldn't even keep the blade spinning; the light flickered and as soon as the blade touched the wood it shut down. Guess you can't use ALL M18 batteries. :)

• Like 2

On January 6, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Daniel Julian said:

I got lots of gift cards and money for Christmas and put my order in right away. Package 1 of 4 arrived today!

IMG_5712.JPG

I'm digging that miter saw and that stand you made for it Daniel, how high is that off the floor?

best of luck with your new tools man.