These look pretty cool

Bigmikez

1 hour ago, Bigmikez said:

Yea bro I didn't know they made another kit like this, my bro inlaw bought a set so I'm interested to see what he thinks of them.

I would love to hear his thoughhts Mike, that's the perfect type of kit for a homeowner plus it's got a lifetime warranty. I haven't tried any of their hand tools out but they look pretty decent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

I would love to hear his thoughhts Mike, that's the perfect type of kit for a homeowner plus it's got a lifetime warranty. I haven't tried any of their hand tools out but they look pretty decent.

This is a pic of mine bro it's been awhile cus there now at the shop I've been meaning to bring them home I'm always just in a rush when I'm leaving the shop to come home besides that dude these tools are awesome very rugged and have been thru some abuse not one slip yet? I haven't used the warranty for any of these yet and and I hope I don't have to soon lol! 

IMG_2321.PNG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigmikez said:

This is a pic of mine bro it's been awhile cus there now at the shop I've been meaning to bring them home I'm always just in a rush when I'm leaving the shop to come home besides that dude these tools are awesome very rugged and have been thru some abuse not one slip yet? I haven't used the warranty for any of these yet and and I hope I don't have to soon lol! 

IMG_2321.PNG

Nice Mike, those look like a really decent set for my shop! I'll head over tomorrow and check them out at big orange!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice big Mike! I remember you posted that set you have awhile ago, nice to see all the bits and pieces still there! That's always my goal too, shame when you lose that first socket...

Does that set you saw today have 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 ratchet?

Yea sir! I should've taken a pics of the back side with all the that was included ? And carl the kit doesn't look as nice as it did in this pic I really need to bring it back home b4 something does break or gets lost lol!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

I bought some dewalt 3/8 impact sockets on amazon and do not like them. They do not have a "step" in them so nuts or bolt heads slide all the way up the socket.  I would not buy them again.

See, I'm totally different. I prefer a deep broached socket. The shallow broached sockets (SK is a good example), are great for starting nuts, but they start backing off immediately and require much more clearance to use. 

Deep broached socket aren't as good for starting fasteners, but they don't start backing up until the fastener is further out.  

Most manufacturers broach 1/3 - 1/2 way through the socket. SK is notoriously shallow, and some manufacturers offer special deep broached versions.

@Bigmikez: Nice pick up. That's a great set to throw in the truck for a road set or something. The Dewalt hand tools aren't bad. I'm not crazy about the ratchets you could anchor a sail boat with, but overall they aren't bad. The Wrenches are especially nice.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

See, I'm totally different. I prefer a deep broached socket. The shallow broached sockets (SK is a good example), are great for starting nuts, but they start backing off immediately and require much more clearance to use. 

Deep broached socket aren't as good for starting fasteners, but they don't start backing up until the fastener is further out.  

Most manufacturers broach 1/3 - 1/2 way through the socket. SK is notoriously shallow, and some manufacturers offer special deep broached versions.

@Bigmikez: Nice pick up. That's a great set to throw in the truck for a road set or something. The Dewalt hand tools aren't bad. I'm not crazy about the ratchets you could anchor a sail boat with, but overall they aren't bad. The Wrenches are especially nice.

I worked at a mechanic in my late teens to mid 20s, most of my sockets are SK, Mac or Snap on and they all have the step. So I guess that is just what i'm used to working with.

• Like 1