Indestructible Dewalt Planer

wayneburgess

True on that one! The nice thing about Makita is the glow ring on the end of their impactor. Of course my Milwaukee has that Huge while Milwaukee logo on the side. I never saw that kit for sale over here, just online over eBay. But they did look awful sweet!

I don't care for the Makita impact drivers. The selector switch is located lower than I like often causing me to hit it inadvertently. It would be fine for someone with really small hands, but I don't care for it personally.

The black Makita stuff looked awesome. I like the looks of the white stuff, but it shows dirt to bad for my OCD ass. 

Yeah. I actually like the looks of the white tools too. I just sold some I bought on eBay. Winded takes the grease right off. The blue green, I know they come with the high cap batteries but the color is weird. My Milwaukee Fuel impact is sweet looking and the controls are easy to manipulate. I know Hitachi isn't popular but that brush less hammer tool is really cool looking, not to mention awesome! Eight power levels! 8! That allows incredible control! Plus files alien green awesome!

Hitachi is a fine tool and grossly under appreciated. I can't help but feel they'd gain a lot of ground with proper advertising. Putting tools out to blog sites like TIA wouldn't hurt either. You see the occasional review, but not as frequently as the others. I can't help but feel that like Panasonic, we're a secondary market for them.

I think your right Conductor! We have a local store here called Brocks. They do sell some Hitachi cordless and USED to sell Panasonic. The Hitachi stuff is a lot of the pod style lithium. I wish they could expand the line and put the Panny's back on but they share a parking lot with HD. You never see advertisement for Hitachi though Lowes seems to sell some but not a lot. I have to admit that Hitachi is a great all around hammer drill kit and although I don't need any more tools in the 18v category, I will continue to look!

I agree. I used my new hammer yesterday for some light assembly and it is just a "nice" feeling tool. I registered the tool for the lifetime warranty which made me smile. I don't think I'll leave it in a flooded basement though! Seriously though, awesome job with the planer. When my Dad moved down to Florida (flat swampy alligators snakes scorpions poisonous spiders and annoying people) he left me his old Craftsman American made circular saw. I spent some time cleaning it up and replaced the cord and the tool works great. In the condition it wasprevious to that I could not use it. I was happy to save it cause it was Dad's PLUS the feeling of fixing an old tool really was rewarding. Not NEARLY what you did Wayne, but I bet that rewarding feeling feels wicked nice!

The way I look at it...when I go to a gathering or something like that I am always the Adam Sandler of the group! I dont mean to be funny but hey when people give me something to talk about.... :)   My stories always start the same way...  "Guys! You can't make this $hi% up but.."  And then there is my compunctual statement... "Sir, I can't fix stupid"