Another Reason Why Milwaukee Is So Innovative

firefighter4187

I just saw that video this morning.  Cool.  I respect your opinion Chase and I love Milwaukee but I'm not completely sold on this yet. I want to see it in action.  

I had 9 blank doors I had to install door handles and locks on so I bought an Irwin plastic kit and it worked great.  Then half way through the project I bought the dewalt kit because it looked better made. It sucked so much I returned it. So I'm cautious about this one.  I wonder how strong a hold it's going to have with the little knob. That's just my opinion.

I bought that Dewalt one Sierra.  It looks really strong but just didn't stay for me.  I'm cautious about Milwaukee's also.  This Irwin worked best for me.    

http://www.irwin.com/tools/linear-edge/metal-wood-door-lock-installation-kits

Oh yah, when we re did some of the doors here at the gf's house, that thing never moved once we had it on...Great kit

Yeah I think the big thing with the Milwaukee is how quickly you can change the diameters and holes, If you look closely in the vid, you will see they are testing it against the DeWalt, I think this is made for guys that are doing doors all day long...

Yeah I think the big thing with the Milwaukee is how quickly you can change the diameters and holes, If you look closely in the vid, you will see they are testing it against the DeWalt, I think this is made for guys that are doing doors all day long...

Dunno what buddy was doing fiddling with the dewalt though... Don't think he ever used one before from the looks of it and sounds like the milwaukee is gonna be like 15-20 more then the dewalt kit, get them for like 30 canadian here

Irwin looks like a nice one too, If I need one I might get that one

Dunno what buddy was doing fiddling with the dewalt though... Don't think he ever used one before from the looks of it and sounds like the milwaukee is gonna be like 15-20 more then the dewalt kit, get them for like 30 canadian here

Irwin looks like a nice one too, If I need one I might get that one

Yeah, I like Irwin as a manufacturer, they make some innovative stuff.

Yeah, I like Irwin as a manufacturer, they make some innovative stuff.

Pretty well everything they make is pretty damn good, only company that makes a decent vise grip, the true one and only Vise Grip... The speed-bore bits go through wood like butter, the 3 speed and them bits scare wood to death haha

As the proud owner of a 13 piece Milwaukee hole saw kit I can tell you that a quick change arbor makes all the difference in the world. Never will I but a hole saw related item without them again.

Irwin still makes decent stuff, but Newell-Rubbermaid outsourcing Irwin still erks me. I've just now got around to buy some of their stuff again.

As the proud owner of a 13 piece Milwaukee hole saw kit I can tell you that a quick change arbor makes all the difference in the world. Never will I but a hole saw related item without them again.

Irwin still makes decent stuff, but Newell-Rubbermaid outsourcing Irwin still erks me. I've just now got around to buy some of their stuff again.

Yeah I was just Looking at some Irwin stuff yesterday and on the back it said Newell- Rubbermaid, Who are they?

Harold beat me to it. They bought Irwin a few years back. Prior to NR buying them, most Irwin stuff was USA made. Now it's mostly China. When a mega company buys a brand it's going to be a downhill slide for quality in the name of profit margin nearly every time.

Harold beat me to it. They bought Irwin a few years back. Prior to NR buying them, most Irwin stuff was USA made. Now it's mostly China. When a mega company buys a brand it's going to be a downhill slide for quality in the name of profit margin nearly every time.

Yeah its to bad.... I cant complain about any of the Irwin stuff I have.

China can't be all that bad, they own 100% of milwaukee ;)

Haha Atleast they have a plant in Jackson, Mississippi, where they make saw blade drill bits, corded recipe saws vs Stanley-Black and Decker who has Outsourced EVERYTHING, not one thing yellow is from the US

Haha Atleast they have a plant in Jackson, Mississippi, where they make saw blade drill bits, corded recipe saws vs Stanley-Black and Decker who has Outsourced EVERYTHING, not one thing yellow is from the US

Thing is stanley/black and decker is an AMERICAN company, not 100% chinese with a US city name lol Dewalt makes a lot of stuff in Mexico which to me is way better then china but that's a debate for another day haha

And milwaukee should make their saw blades in china, because the ones I used before dulled fast and just didn't last, dewalt and bosch were the best I ever used

Thing is stanley/black and decker is an AMERICAN company, not 100% chinese with a US city name lol Dewalt makes a lot of stuff in Mexico which to me is way better then china but that's a debate for another day haha

Haha Yeah its funny how it works out TTI is non american but has a factory here, Stanley B &D is american but has nothing here haha, it is sad how everything is outsourced, I think for hand tools, Taiwan has come a long way and are the closest to USA quality, even thow your Dewalt and my Milwaukee are both not made in the us, i cant complain and im sure you can't either

Pretty well everything is China made now, usually as long as it is name brand it's good like the Milwaukee, Dewalt etc... Irwin as well just good name brands...

Same as the Saw, very very well made... usually mexico is very good, usually better then china IMO

Pretty well everything is China made now, usually as long as it is name brand it's good like the Milwaukee, Dewalt etc... Irwin as well just good name brands...

Same as the Saw, very very well made... usually mexico is very good, usually better then china IMO

Yeah, I think China/ Japan is the worst, my biggest complaint is that they like to advertise "made in china" all over a tool....