Is this 125mm angle grinder a Fake?

Ruthster

Hello! 

Someone wants to buy this angle grinder from me. I have been checking around for angle grinders that are identical, and I haven’t found any. 

The serial number is also very low. It’s only 4 digits. 

I am suspicious that I have a Fake. Have Fakes been seen in this general line of angle grinders?

If it’s genuine and just a rare tool, it’s worth around twice (or more) of the price of a Fake, which is very low. 

Need to know the diagnosis, because I plan to sell it in 2 days. 

Thanks!! 

2EBB7CD8-EFA5-402B-8FB1-383C9F01BBF5.jpeg

7796AB36-A803-4AB6-98CB-E110568720B4.jpeg

5656F0B6-0B7A-4103-82AC-F405A8FF7AB0.jpeg

Doesn't look like any dewalt grinder I've ever seen in the US, where its supposedly made.  Looks to me like a fake copied off their cordless model dcg412 without the hand guard, but as far as I know they never made a corded model like that.  Another thing that doesn't look right are the Phillips head fasteners where dewalt typically uses torx head fasteners

• Like 3

On 12/3/2020 at 9:13 PM, Biggie said:

Doesn't look like any dewalt grinder I've ever seen in the US, where its supposedly made.  Looks to me like a fake copied off their cordless model dcg412 without the hand guard, but as far as I know they never made a corded model like that.  Another thing that doesn't look right are the Phillips head fasteners where dewalt typically uses torx head fasteners

Thank you for this diagnosis. It’s useful. 

This tool was sold to me under suspicious conditions (not by a registered De Walt dealer) in Latin America. 

I think that Seiko or Orient watches that come with the full paperwork are the only genuine things down here....

• 9 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 5:13 AM, Biggie said:

It doesn't seem original to me either.