What's the difference? Drill driver Vs installation driver

hannoodle

I've been looking at these two but can't work out what the difference is apart from a small weigh difference and a big price difference!

(Links at bottom)

M12 FUEL™ INSTALLATION DRILL/DRIVER WITH INTERCHANGEABLE HEADS 

Or

M12™ SUB COMPACT DRILL DRIVER WITH REMOVABLE CHUCK

Both have removable chucks with same features. I get the installation might be used by a pro or fine fitter (I'm only a half decent DIYer) but are all the features the same? (E.g. there is only 2Nm difference in torque between the two)

Struggling to find any direct comparisons. Would assume control or something would be different but nothing seems to be listed. Is the 'installation' just the upgraded FUEL version of the other driver?

Any help gratefully received

https://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/en-gb/m12-fuel-installation-drill-driver-with-interchangeable-heads/m12-fddx/

https://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/en-gb/m12-sub-compact-drill-driver-with-removable-chuck/m12-bddx/

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

You have to work out which one best suit's your individual needs. The one is a brushless model while the other is not. The brushless version will likely provide longer battery life and gives you slightly more torque which is also to be expected. they are (outside of the name given to them by Milwaukee) designed to offer the same functionality albeit in a slightly different form factor.

I own the brushless version and really love it. It has the magnetic bit holder and is comfortable for me so I could handedly recommend that one.