Milwaukee battery removal

russntracy

The concept of bendable tabs to remove the things is innovative in the way of being inexpensive, but that was always a turnoff to me and probably the main reason I didn’t pull the trigger on a couple m12 tools I had my eye on for a couple years. I imagine they “break in” over time? Which also concerned me for the reason you just mentioned...that they could also break after a while. The shells of these things are usually glass fiber reinforced plastic so the long-term resiliency should actually be pretty good but I would still imagine breaking them to happen every so often.

I haven't had much of an issue with the M12 batteries, but I do think that some of my batteries are harder to remove from some tools than others.  The ones I have difficulty with seem to be ones I can't get a good grip on.  This might be an odd idea, and it probably won't hold up to heavy use, but have you considered using something to create a more positive grip on the tabs (self-adhesive felt pads, for example)?

I have 10+ 12v batteries and some are harder than others. Some slide out others you have to “grip and rip”. Something I think Milwaukee maybe needs to be aware of.

• 1 year later...