Pressure washer problems

I just bought a ryobi 3000 psi 2.3 gpm gas pressure washer that is refurbished and lightly used (for testing), and it started up on the first pull. It starts up great, but then revs and shakes around while idling, and runs for about 5 mins then stalls and doesn't start back up until it has cooled off. Another forum said to add seafoam to the tank and let it circulate, but it is quite hard to circulate seafoam when it shuts off every 10 mins and doesn't start back up for a while. The engine also runs a bit unevenly and fluctuates sometimes. Should I keep trying to circulate seafoam? Or is there another way to do it? I would like to try to fix this, as it would be an absolute pain to drive to where I bought it from and they probably don't have a model to exchange it with. I have a 14 day return policy and a 30 day malfunction warranty, but it's a lengthy process and I don't want to have to deal with it if there's another way. If there is no simple fix for this then I will just file a warranty claim and drive a distance to return it. I hope there's a way to fix it at home. Thanks in advance for your help.

It sounds like the unit was probably running bad gas so yes, Seafoam would work.  But with that said, I would go through the long process and return it.  If you are experiencing problems no, what will happen in a couple of months?  When you get your new one, just make sure you use fresh gas that is no more than 2 months old or if you treat it with Stable before.

Thanks for the advice! The person I bought it from sells lightly used products, and has another unit in store that is just like this, but seems to also have gas in it from testing. I don't mind going back and exchanging it for another one, but if the other unit has bad gas, then it will probably have the same problem too. The seafom seems to be working to clear out the unit, yesterday I ran it for 10 mins and it stalled and wouldn't turn back on, today I ran it for 15 mins and it stalled and turned back on after for another 5 mins. Should I keep going with the seafoam or should I take the risk of taking it back and getting it exchanged for another unit with bad gas and waste my time?