Battery advice to replace DW9096 batteries

brucemc777

I have three or four of these batteries, all now dead. The last one died just a few days ago.

For some reason i seem to recall that replacements were about $75.00, but when i went to search on Amazon i was rather shocked to see replacements at over $150.00 with what appeared to be many cheap substitutes for about $20 to $50 each. The cheap substitutes had numerous complaints that after little use they died very fast.

I know they are old, but i have both a drill and a circular saw that used this battery, which now are just sitting in a case.

Can someone experienced give me some direction please? If i have to spend over $150 it will hurt (things haven't been economically great), but not as much as buying trash-

Thank you very much for your help & knowledge!

If you looked around a little you should be able to get a dw9096 for closer to $100 from reputable sellers.  ex. Acme tools, homedepot, probably others. 

Another option would be to get a battery adapter so you could run the newer li/ion batteries.  You're still going to pay decent money but atleast you're not buying old technology and it makes updating tools a little easier in the future. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-18-Volt-to-20-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Adapter-Kit-2-Pack-DCA2203C/206526033?MERCH=REC-_-pip_alternatives-_-204309316-_-206526033-_-N

• 2 weeks later...