DCBL722 blower wont stay on. Keeps shutting off after 1-2 seconds

JOKelly22

DCBL722 blower wont stay on. Keeps shutting off after 1-2 seconds. Have to squeeze lever multiple times. Fully charged battery. Purchased less than a year ago. Minimum use. Excellent condition. All of a sudden, it wont stay on.

Initially thought it was battery but can confirm its fully charged now. Battery is placed correctly.

Any ideas? Appreciate any assistance.

https://www.dewalt.com/product/dcbl722b/20v-max-lithium-ion-xr-brushless-handheld-blower-50ah

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, JOKelly22 said:

DCBL722 blower wont stay on. Keeps shutting off after 1-2 seconds. Have to squeeze lever multiple times. Fully charged battery. Purchased less than a year ago. Minimum use. Excellent condition. All of a sudden, it wont stay on.

Initially thought it was battery but can confirm its fully charged now. Battery is placed correctly.

Any ideas? Appreciate any assistance.

https://www.dewalt.com/product/dcbl722b/20v-max-lithium-ion-xr-brushless-handheld-blower-50ah

I got a smaller version of this for a friend, he uses it to clean the leaves from his car every morning, as he has to park his car under trees and always leaves are stuck everywhere. He is very happy with it. 

I am not very good with these things but I could feel when I took that tool in my hand that it is not very quality built tool. 

Flexvolt tools are better I feel, you might buy a 60V version but then you need to buy batteries also if you don't have 60V batteries. If I were on both 20V and 60V battery platforms I would just buy all the tools I need in 60V platform and the ones that are not available in 60V I would go for 20V.