MarkT-Surrey

MarkT-Surrey

DeWalt 3.0AH batteries not charging.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I have two 3.0AH DeWalt 18v batteries (model DCB187) and a DCB113 charger. These all came with a DeWalt 18 hammer drill. I just can’t get either of the batteries to charge. I’ve had them for about 18 months, but I’ve hardly used them. 

When I put them in the charger, the left LED flashes for a couple of seconds as though it’s charging, then the right hand yellow LED comes on as though there’s a pre-heating issue. Then the left-hand LED goes solid red, as though the battery is fully charged. But when I check the charge indicator on the batteries themselves, one of them only has 1 of the 3 LED’s lit, and the other has none lit and is completely dead.

Does anybody know what I’m doing wrong?

2 hours ago, MarkT-Surrey said:

DeWalt 3.0AH batteries not charging.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I have two 3.0AH DeWalt 18v batteries (model DCB187) and a DCB113 charger. These all came with a DeWalt 18 hammer drill. I just can’t get either of the batteries to charge. I’ve had them for about 18 months, but I’ve hardly used them. 

When I put them in the charger, the left LED flashes for a couple of seconds as though it’s charging, then the right hand yellow LED comes on as though there’s a pre-heating issue. Then the left-hand LED goes solid red, as though the battery is fully charged. But when I check the charge indicator on the batteries themselves, one of them only has 1 of the 3 LED’s lit, and the other has none lit and is completely dead.

Does anybody know what I’m doing wrong?

My bad, I’m sorry. I’ve just figured out what was happening. I simply wasn’t pushing the battery pack hard enough into the charger. I was just sliding the battery pack into place in the charger. I assumed that because the charger’s LED’s were lighting up, that I had done it correctly. I didn’t realize that you have to push the battery pack until it actually clicks into place in the charger. It’s all working fine now.