Worth xgt for a lxt home owner??

Shondave

Hello! 
I would like to share with you and also ask your advices about this matter.

I am a home owner, mostly Makita lxt user from garden to house vac.

have also Dewalt and another cheap brand cordless tools lines.

Almost a tools collectioner but I use them a lot!

my matter is this, I started to find good deals on Makita 40v Xgt tools, often cheaper than Lxt 18 and 36v.

but just bare unit speaking.. new 40v batteries are crazy expensive!!

I have the pdc01 so I can power xgt tools but not every tool is usable with a heavy backpack on shoulders…

considering that I am a home owner and with a lot of tools and 18v batteries do you think will be worth start buying xgt tools (not really need them) and be forced to add other very expensive batteries?? 

Thank for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

have good night (here)

On 2/19/2024 at 10:34 PM, Shondave said:

Hello! 
I would like to share with you and also ask your advices about this matter.

I am a home owner, mostly Makita lxt user from garden to house vac.

have also Dewalt and another cheap brand cordless tools lines.

Almost a tools collectioner but I use them a lot!

my matter is this, I started to find good deals on Makita 40v Xgt tools, often cheaper than Lxt 18 and 36v.

but just bare unit speaking.. new 40v batteries are crazy expensive!!

I have the pdc01 so I can power xgt tools but not every tool is usable with a heavy backpack on shoulders…

considering that I am a home owner and with a lot of tools and 18v batteries do you think will be worth start buying xgt tools (not really need them) and be forced to add other very expensive batteries?? 

Thank for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

have good night (here)

I have given up from being on one battery platform, but you can consider being in 2-3 battery platforms, not all. For now I definitely keep batteries from Metabo and Bosch 18V as they both have battery alliances, I got a Fein multitool made in Germany which works with Bosch batteries, it is the same quality as Festool as Fein makes the multitool for Festool, they just have less accessories compared to Festool one amd Festool do make these extra accessories themselves. I have a Steinel cordless glue gun which works with Metabo batteries made in Romania, and I am planning to get a Lamello Biscuit joiner Made in Switzerland which uses Metabo batteries as well. So if you want to get new batteries definitely get some Bosch and Metabo batteries so you can use tools from almost 70 brands just with two different types of batteries from Bosch and Metabo. 

Hi, I got your point, when I started with cordless tools I had just two dewalt batteries and bought an adapter to use makita tools.

then I found some deals on kit and started my makita 18vbattery and tools collection. 

I actually do not really need new tools except(the real one I need is out of any human possibilities) the 4wheels propelled barrow from Makita (around 5kEuro!!).

I was tempted from xgt because of their super power output, I can feel it on the blower powered by backpack, extraordinary.. 

but the rest of tools need a battery to be cordless and the big ones that allow to drain such power. But thinking  Definitely not worth for me.

I never tried any Bosch Fein or metabo cordless, probably because my father was a makita and Dewalt cord user.

The alliance for the batteries would be great also for environmental reason..

good night and good job! 

ps I am very happy of the makita biscuit joiner, the Lamello should be even better and with more options, congratulation!

19 hours ago, Shondave said:

Hi, I got your point, when I started with cordless tools I had just two dewalt batteries and bought an adapter to use makita tools.

then I found some deals on kit and started my makita 18vbattery and tools collection. 

I actually do not really need new tools except(the real one I need is out of any human possibilities) the 4wheels propelled barrow from Makita (around 5kEuro!!).

I was tempted from xgt because of their super power output, I can feel it on the blower powered by backpack, extraordinary.. 

but the rest of tools need a battery to be cordless and the big ones that allow to drain such power. But thinking  Definitely not worth for me.

I never tried any Bosch Fein or metabo cordless, probably because my father was a makita and Dewalt cord user.

The alliance for the batteries would be great also for environmental reason..

good night and good job! 

ps I am very happy of the makita biscuit joiner, the Lamello should be even better and with more options, congratulation!

Hi,

To me it is important to get Western made or Japanese made tools, and it does not seem I am going to get them from Makita, Milwaukee, DeWALT, Bosch and Metabo. Also it is important to be on less battery platforms. Festool is good but does not have so many cordless tools, so it is also important to be able to get tools for different trades with one or less battery platform(s).

A lot of Bosch tools are made in China, but their battery can be used with Fein, Wagner, Cox, Rothenberger and Steinel tools, Cox cordless tools are made in UK, Rothenberger cordless tools are mainly made in Spain, Wagner cordless sprayer is made in Poland, Fein tools are mainly made in Germany, plus Bosch has a 6Ah battery with the same size as their 4Ah and 5Ah batteries, similar to Makita, but DeWALT does not offer that. 

When it comes to Metabo, they do their tools in a few countries, Germany, Romania, China and I think Korea! But the idea is similar to the Bosch battery, with their battery you can use German made Mafell plung saw, Swiss made Lamello biscuit joiner, Romanian made cordless heat gun and glue gun, German made Trumpf sheet metal cutting tools, different types of German made Gesipa cordless riveters and etc. 

Fein multitools are amazing with very less vibration compared to DeWALT and Makita ones, and if you are a regular user of this specific tool you better go for Fein or Festool (made by Fein) one. 

It seems Europeans are more concerned about the environment compared to Americans, that is why you only see European brands (Bosch and Metabo) making battery alliances with a lot of other brands! Not American brands like Milwaukee or DeWALT and not the Japanese Makita. 

I have the Makita Biscuit joiner (Made in UK), It is OK, I have to admit that Makita's UK made tools are average quality tools and only their Japanese made tools are high quality tools. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I checked some Makita I have, made in Japan and they are as you said very well made compared to some China made.

one that I realized is very useful in a lot of occasion is the cordless power file as they call it, a small hand grip narrow belt sander. Resolved many troubles also in metal fabrication especially when you have to adapt small metal pieces.

I will try to resist in buy more tools that I actually don’t necessarily need.

Now the garden season is starting and I will let my batteries work a bit more.. 

have a nice day! 

On 3/17/2024 at 11:25 AM, Shondave said:

Hello!

I checked some Makita I have, made in Japan and they are as you said very well made compared to some China made.

one that I realized is very useful in a lot of occasion is the cordless power file as they call it, a small hand grip narrow belt sander. Resolved many troubles also in metal fabrication especially when you have to adapt small metal pieces.

I will try to resist in buy more tools that I actually don’t necessarily need.

Now the garden season is starting and I will let my batteries work a bit more.. 

have a nice day! 

Yes, and the Japanese made Makita tools are their expensive tools, not the cheap tools. There is a huge difference in prices between Japanese made Makita tools and their Chinese made tools.