DCD970 18v Drill/hammerdrill/driver making clicking/knocking noise?

Steven

• 4 months later...

If you want i can take it to cordless group in DeWalt engineering department, i know the Designer who developed the drill, so i can see what he says and i am sure they will repair it for you.......

So. what did the designer told you about the sound? I´ve now had my drill for almost a year and it still functions great. I wrote back in march that the sounds was gone after the "tune up" but the sound came back shortly after. However, the sound is much more hear able in second gear compare to first and third and also much more noise if you have the battery facing up. But, the sound is only there if you have no load at all on the drill. Just lay your hand a little bit on the chuck and the noise is gone directly. Very little load is necesary.

So my conclusion is that the gearbox that is all metal and have a lot of metal cogs and gears do make some noise when there is no presure on the cogs. I can not explain better than that in english. But I´m trying to say that the gearbox is all metal and metal when moving around makes noice and you need some presure or shall I say load on the cogs so they do not move to freely and making this noise.

So, do not worry. I think that this drill will last for decades.

Archived