rotary hammer grease?

framer

Today I unpacked my new dc213 ( dc212 with chipping mode ). One surprising thing is that it is not an extra grease tube in the box. In the manual it say like this: No extra lubing is needed for your tool. Is this really correct info in manual? I have been working for almost 15 years as a electrician and for all this year every concrete hammer I have used is supposed to be lubricated in the chuck. What´s so different with this tool?

By the way, Have not put it in work yet but the machine feels very nice. I was really surprised how small and light it is. On paper it beats Hilti 24 and 36 volts machine and is nearly 2 kilo lighter. Paper specs is one thing and maybee the hilti outperforme this one in real world and it should with double voltage. Anyway, really looking forward to try it out tomorow.

I read the manual again. It says no extra lubing is needed but when reading further it says: When putting in a sds plus tool accessories in chuck, clean and grease the bit shank. So yes, you are supposed to grease it. ( like all other concrete hammers )

Will tell them tomorow to give me some grease.

Molybdenum Disulphide grease.

that grease is black and very messy.  i thought the grease used was almost white, and not messy.

i remeber my 24 volt rotary hammer drill came with a tube of grease,  but there was not one included with my 36 volt rotary hammer drill.

Archived