ordered my worm drive today

DeWalt50

• 2 months later...

Did you order it at a store or online?  I've got a 4 or 5 year old Skil that has been terrific, but I really want everything I have to be black and yellow.  The only thing that bugs me about my Skil is the blade guard getting stuck on a lot of my bevel cuts.  From what I've read no one has been able to get the DeWalt to do this.

Did you order it at a store or online?  I've got a 4 or 5 year old Skil that has been terrific, but I really want everything I have to be black and yellow.  The only thing that bugs me about my Skil is the blade guard getting stuck on a lot of my bevel cuts.  From what I've read no one has been able to get the DeWalt to do this.

The blade guard was designed to not bind up in bevel or angle cuts.  Everything you liked about the mag77 will likely be on the DW535.  The 535 just has some needed upgrades, like the magnesium deck, better pull out protection on the cord, easier blade change with increased arbor stops, bevel detents, etc.  You will like it.  I have used mag77's all my life, and after my first time with the DW535, I have never looked back.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is actually an older HD77, I don't think the Mag was out when I got mine.  Had it been I would have bought it simply for the 2lb weight savings.....at least I think it's 2lbs less.  Do you know about how much less weight the 535 is vs the HD77?

The 535 is a couple of ounces lighter than the mag77, and I believe that the mag is around 2lbs lighter than the hd77, ergo the 535 should be a couple of pounds lighter than the hd77 (not looking at any written information, just inferring from what I know of the mag77 and the DWS535).  Hope that helps!

The DWS535 beat's the Mag in every category, and was done so on purpose. The Skil is the industry leader in worm-drive saw's, and is rightfully so. Like KJones mentioned, the Mag, and the HD77 are both amazing saws. DeWALT just built some improvement's onto an already great tool in order to get a foot in the door.

If Skil makes some improvements to the Mag within the next year or two, you know they were impressed with the DWS535.

Archived