Forum censoring

Aprelia

The replacement filter is causing havoc, all words with a.s.s in them Such as p.a.s.s get replaced with "Pbum", there are others. I think we are all adults here and such primitive measures are completely unnecessary and do more harm than good. If someone wants to say "f*cking", everyone knows exactly what they meant, and there is literally a million of way to bypass replacement filters, such as injecting tags between letters, using underscores, numbers and so on and so on. Please remove them or at least make them less aggressive.

Word a.s.s by the way is a valid English word for donkey. If you have a dirty mind, I can find a million other innocent words that will offend you. God forbid UK readers post the word "cigarette" in UK english. I'm sure there are no 6 year olds reading this forum, and I assure you there is a billion other websites where kids can see profanity in plain text.

Please remove the filters, they do absolutely nothing other than break legitimate posts.

I changed the settings to search for whole words only.

As per your registration agreement;

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

If you are an adult, then act like one! You or anyone else on D.O.G. have no need to use profanity to get your point across, or use it to belittle people. It's well within the my right's to edit profanity. It's within the terms the user agreement.

This site is coming up on 3 years, and I've never had to activate the censor before-- I'm fine with using Euphemism's in place of actual profanity. If you choose to use profanity, it will be automatically censored, and any continued use will land you on a  30 day ban.

I changed the settings to search for whole words only.

As per your registration agreement;

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

If you are an adult, then act like one! You or anyone else on D.O.G. have no need to use profanity to get your point across, or use it to belittle people. It's well within the my right's to edit profanity. It's within the terms the user agreement.

This site is coming up on 3 years, and I've never had to activate the censor before-- I'm fine with using Euphemism's in place of actual profanity. If you choose to use profanity, it will be automatically censored, and any continued use will land you on a  30 day ban.

Add space after the keyword, otherwise it replaces it in the middle of the word, that's all.

Archived