Dewalt DXCMLA1983054 compressor

Rob

Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing this compressor http://www.dewalt.com/tools/compressors-wheeled-portable---electric-dxcmla1983054.aspx The local retailer who carries it is Home Depot (I am in Canada)

After getting there and telling the sales guy to get me one down from the shelf he starts trying to tell me that I shouldn't buy this compressor because it's made by Husky (??????) and that it is no good.

To start, I was under the impression that Husky didn't make any of their own compressors, they were made by Campbell Hausfeld. Secondly, I thought all Dewalt compressors were made by Emglo.

After telling that to him, he points to the 30 gallon Dewalt's box and notes that just this specific compressor is not made by Emglo and references the color of the box. The color of this box is brown and does not say Dewalt on it anywhere. Every other Dewalt compressor box is yellow and says Dewalt on the side.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I can't seem to find any reviews of this specific Dewalt compressor anywhere, so I don't know if it's good or not. Is this Home Depot guy just talking BS?

Thanks for your help.

I am not familiar with this specific model, as it seems to not be sold in the US.  I would be very surprised if it was made by Husky though... There doesn't seem to be a point to me.  With all the compressor brands under the SBD umbrella (Emglo, DeWALT, Porter Cable, Bostitch, etc) it seems like there would be no point in sourcing a compressor from a competitor.  Ask your depot rep if he can get you the phone number of their DeWALT factory rep who will be familiar with the models sold in Canada.

Hope you can find some answers!

Thanks for your thoughts KJones.

It doesn't make sense to me either. Dewalt is not going to outsource this one compressor to be made by a company who doesn't make a single compressor for themselves... ?

I wonder why that 30 gallon isn't sold in the US? it's listed on the Dewalt.com website.

I am going to call Dewalt tomorrow and hopefully see what's up, their office is closed for the weekend.

Howdy,

As a Depot employee (in canada) I can tell you that Husky is owned by home depot and all husky compressors are made by CH (you are correct).

I will go on the record in saying something is fishy about this employees story. I have never seen a DeWalt product without DeWalt stamped on the packaging some place. My first guess is that this compressor has been return thus no original packaging. My second guess is that due to its size and weight almost 200 pounds it is actually screwed to a pallet for safety measures.; based on that guess I would say the employee just didnt feel like getting it because it would require blocking off 2 rows of products and getting 4 employees.