cordless rivet gun

frankiegarcia19

Anybody know of a good cordless rivet gun. For pop style rivets up to 1/4??? I use my rivet gun every day...i think its time to save some time my looking for an eletric r pneumatic one. Thanx in advance fellas

Hey Frankie,

Astro is releasing a 18V Cordless Rivet Nut/Drill/Screwdriver Combo next week.

http://www.astrotools.com/default.aspx?toolsnum=9910&

Hey Frankie,

Astro is releasing a 18V Cordless Rivet Nut/Drill/Screwdriver Combo next week.

Are you shitting me Charles? I've been wanting a cordless rivet gun for 3 years now but wasn't willing to spend $500 on a Marson. I am super interested and I know that coming from Astro it will be a good one! Thanks X1000 for sharing!

• Like 1

You know, I just can't figure out why rivet tools are so damn expensive. The mechanics of them are no more complex that a hammer drill, yet the want your first born for them. The 18V Marson guns run $600-well over $1,000, and this attachment is over $200. I just don't get it.

I don't rivet stuff once a week, or even once a month, but if you have more than half a dozen rivets to put in a manual gun is a total pain in the ass.

There are affordable pneumatic guns available, but I'd really like to cut the cord. When we re-did a couple if panels on my father in-laws tool trailer what should have been a 2 hour job turned out to be 9.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Astro gun can do. If I know them it will be decent quality at an affordable price.

• Like 1

I agree on the outrageous price. Somebodys got to make one afforadable asap... The astro to me looks just like a drill with that attachment built in. I wanna givr it a try...the 200$ is the heavy duty they also have a 70$ i beleive... But since i do 15-20 rivets a day..i think yhe hd will fit my needs...buy still 200$ \(°O°)/crap!

• Like 1

You know, I just can't figure out why rivet tools are so damn expensive. The mechanics of them are no more complex that a hammer drill, yet the want your first born for them. The 18V Marson guns run $600-well over $1,000, and this attachment is over $200. I just don't get it.

I don't rivet stuff once a week, or even once a month, but if you have more than half a dozen rivets to put in a manual gun is a total pain in the ass.

There are affordable pneumatic guns available, but I'd really like to cut the cord. When we re-did a couple if panels on my father in-laws tool trailer what should have been a 2 hour job turned out to be 9.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Astro gun can do. If I know them it will be decent quality at an affordable price.

Check out some specs on this item via the link below:

• 3 weeks later...