Won a 25 dollar Home Depot gift card today.

DR99

Had to run to the HD today to return some stuff and pick up some cleaning supplies for the house, and they had an in store home show going on today so that was a contest they had going on. They also had a Bosch SDS drill on clearance but it was 100 dollars off 399 to 299 but it was corded which wasn't what I was looking for at the moment I would rather get a cordless SDS drill.

You had to go around and get a card signed by various vendors they had around the store.Then you placed the card in for a random drawing. I just wish it had another zero added too it can't buy many power tools with 25 dollars could get something cool with 250, but something is better than nothing as my mom would say. It's something new I guess Home Depot is trying this is one of their bigger stores in the area they have a whole huge bosh display area where they used to sell Hilti.

It is home show week in Grand Rapids, so we have lots of vendors and different companies at the Devos Center in Grand Rapids. Don't really know if other cities in Michigan do a Home Show, or they are just using the weekend to sturr(spelling?) up excitement for spring.

I was in my local HD yesterday but saw no vendors, no drawing. Guess I must not have gone down the right aisles. 

Lots of Home & Garden Shows out west. Seems like they are always having one either here in Reno, Sacramento, Stockton, or somewhere in the Bay area.

A friend, in Sacramento, has an overhead storage rack/shelf business. His company sells and installs them in home garages. Most of his business comes from show leads so he's usually tied up on weekends doing shows. Doing rather well too I might add.

Maybe I should ask him if any of those shows combine with major tool shows. Mostly, from what he tells me, they are primarily landscape and remodel contractors.   

My HD sucks when it comes to clearance items and stuff. They barely mark shit down at all. They had a corded Milwaukee drill that someone had clearly bought, mixed some thin set, and returned. Marked it down like $20 from new. I talked to the manager, but he wouldn't budge. I'm a regular too. Half the staff knows Conductor Jr. and I by first name.