M12 Fuel Screwdriver vs Drill

DPSElias

Looking at these specs they don't look all that different, speed is the same for both gears, both brushless, and have same torque rating, only major difference I see is the "Chucks"

Thought Screwdrivers were suppose to be slow speeds for more control, so what is the benefit of the screwdriver over the drill?

Looking to possibly get a few M12 fuel tools to expand my Specialty tools.

It seems like the m12 fuel screwdriver and drills all use the same motor. You're right the only real difference is the chuck. It comes down to what do you need. The screwdriver offers the convenience of the fast hex chuck and shorter length but then your limited to only hex bits.

Screwdrivers are getting faster. The single speed dewalt 12v max is 1000rpm I believe and all seem to be a huge leap from the original m12 screwdriver. If the second speed is too fast in the fuel screwdriver you can always use speed 1

yep, i just got the Dewalt 12V max screwdriver, and its somewhere around 1000rpm. Really handy for indoor and fine work. The 20V impact driver and 12V drill are  going to get a lot less work now ....

Recommend the tool type...