Dewalt mechanics tools-Pics

NC-Fordguy

I was thinking of getting one of these sets to carry with me when I am on the road, but I still favor my Craftsman hand tools for ease of replacement, but the quantity of tools that sears is keeping in there stores seems to be shrinking.

I am also liking gear wrench tools they are quality tools and hasn't let me down yet. I believe that you can never have too many tools.

The tool set is ok.  I've used the tools sparingly without issue. I got it for around 120 dollars when it was on sale with addition of associate discount and some syw points

I don't think I would have picked it up at full retail.

Now the ratchet wrenches have done really well and they have become my go to sets.  I like them better than the other brands I have--craftsman, blue point, gearwrench, titan and cornwell.

I had to buy separate 11/32 when I bought my Gearwrench sets. A lot of the stuff on the machines I was working on was 11/32, and I could never understand why nobody included that size in wrench sets. Sucked having to buy them separate but what can you do...

Don't worry Conductor it's more confusing that it should be. With all the retail agreements companies have now. I still don't know why the mechanics sets are exclusive to Sears though.

Even though Sears is not a healthy company, they still have the largest market share when it comes to tool sales.  That would be my guess why the dewalt mechanics tools are a Sears exclusive

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been using these tools extensively and everything is functioning fine still.

A couple gear swaps in jeeps,  a slip yoke eliminator kit, rebuilt a dana20 t-case.

I pulled the spindles off a dana 44 and it's not uncommon for me to split a socket on this.  Being on the backside of the brakes thousands and thousands cooling cycles, water crossings, over size tires makes these nuts sometimes really stubborn

• 4 weeks later...

Have seen emails from home depot about these sets.

I am also starting to rethink my loyalty to Craftsman as they are now made in china and are no longer the same tool. If they were made in china to the same quality as my USA tool I wouldn't be happy but could possibly accept it more. I bought a bit kit that had torx, hex, Phillips, etc. got it for a good price was like yea!!! but when I got home I compared the ratchet and sockets to my trusted USA made ones and they are completely different....was like HEY!!!