I'm Confused is Barnaby doing Media for Klein now?

DR99

LOL!!  When I first read your post I thought Barney The Purple Dinosaur (I'm around my child too much).  

Wow he is back.  Well good for him.  A new Tool Select T.V v 2.0  

Is he going to start every show with "I love you, you love me, we love tools happily"  oh wait.

Lmao...

I will say Klein is making a big marketing push lately. I think everyone in the trades knew about them, but they are reaching out even more. I believe TTI has done a great job reinvigorating Milwaukee it would have been cool if Klein bought Milwaukee I just don't know if Klein had the resources to fix Milwaukee back then. Milwaukee was in rough shape it had stagnated and the V18 line had some major problems from what I hear. Dewalt had the cordless market locked down back during the nicad era. Cordless power tools are so competitive now.

I never had a problem with his other videos, so I am happy he got another gig. His stuff seemed pretty well polished, if you go for that sort of thing, rather than the "Dan just rolled out of bed at the crack of noon" or "Eric's pounding beers" style of my fav tool blog/channel...

If you had enough money he'd have given a bag of dog shit 4-5 stars.

He has to make money, but should have had a disclaimer saying he was a paid spokesman, not play it off as if he was giving an honest review.

hahaha that's what I'm saying, even the reviewer could be like yeah it's a piece of shit overall and he's gonna end it with okay folks you heard it 4.5 out of 5

It's a tough game if you say something is crap the companies wont send out review samples to you anymore and you also will not be invited to media events anymore.

True enough. The thing is you can give an honest evaluation, maintain your integrity, point out the faults, and keep in good graces.

The smoking Makita drill TIA review debacle is at the other end of the spectrum of course. Dan and Eric could have said something like, "Damn, the overload protection isn't working." Instead they harped on it, laughed about it, called it like you or I may have. Now Makita avoids TIA.

• Like 2

Well the good thing is TIA for the most part doesn't review crap products anymore Now that they are established they get enough stuff to review before you had to add some filler. Like you mentioned Red some products might have negatives like the Makita overload issue, but I think the last thing they really knocked as being truly crap was that HDX air compressor and some Harbor Freight items.

If you had enough money he'd have given a bag of dog shit 4-5 stars.

He has to make money, but should have had a disclaimer saying he was a paid spokesman, not play it off as if he was giving an honest review.

HAHAHA :) 

Well the good thing is TIA for the most part doesn't review crap products anymore Now that they are established they get enough stuff to review before you had to add some filler. Like you mentioned Red some products might have negatives like the Makita overload issue, but I think the last thing they really knocked as being truly crap was that HDX air compressor and some Harbor Freight items.

I have plenty of tools that I have either bought, used, or came in contact with that I absolutely HATE!  But, I can also say that it is a lot of work making a review, and I would not put much effort into reviewing a tool that I did not like. 

I am glad that I know off the bat, when I watch a TIA review, it is typically for a cool tool that is useful & not a rip-off.  It helps too that they are actually using the tools, and not just saying how shiny something is....good job TIA! :)