Conductor's "Toolbox" Tour

Conductor562

If you remember I was looking for rachets tho and I brought a hundred bucks to replace mine and got that now I'm looking for 1/4 and 1/2 I seen some snap one and matco a lot of sk it was overwhelming

Might as well get yourself Armstrong rats to match that one. No shame in buying Armstrong. It doesn't give me the same butterflies in my stomach that Proto does, but it's good stuff and very under appreciated.

Industrial brands like Proto, Armstrong, Wright, and J.H. Williams are the only way to go for drive tools and wrenches. In many cases the are the same tools available on the truck, but for half the money. The truck brands will usually have nicer finishes, but that's where the superiority usually ends.

Be mindful of Williams though. They are Snap-On's industrial line, but they have a USA line and an import line. If the price looks really low, it's probably import. Their import stuff is alright, just don't think all Williams is USA.

• 4 weeks later...

Conductor, how are you liking the proto screwdrivers? They look real badass! Are the tips going to last on them?

They're awesome man. I ordered the 19 piece set on top of the 8 piece set I reviewed just for good measure.

Here's my review:

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2014/03/proto-duratek-screwdrivers/

Be aware there are 2 different types. 1 with full polish shafts and hex bolsters, 1 with satin shafts and no bolsters. Last time I looked Zoro carried both. I keep the bolstered one in the race box and the satin ones in the shop.

Tips seem to be same quality as the Proto drivers have always been.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks BMack! I've made a lot of updates since this thread was posted. I got rid of the Craftsman bottom and upgraded to a 440 Series Proto. Lots more tools too.

When I get everything straightened up after the Holidays I might do a refresher 

• Like 3

It might be worth talking to your proto rep about this deal I got almost a full year ago. They had a bunch of tool box orders cancelled that were custom ordered in black so they clearanced them all for $300 a piece. Top of the line Protos for $300. 20160503_061408.jpg

I wanna say it's the upper for the 550 series.

• Like 2