What does TIA think of this Table/Grill?

DR99

I have to agree with your sentiment ChrisK. If I did a similar table I would shrink the grill size to something like a Webber kettle charcoal grill, or possibly one of those big green egg grills That current setup as show would need way too much wood or charcoal to grill regularly, but I don't think you would use it all the time anyways its more for big get together.

It's cool, who wants to make me one? I like it, but I'd be worried that someone would go absent-minded and sit on it thinking it was a bench. Hot cross buns would take on a new meaning. Part of me says "Do I like it because it looks cool, or do I like it because there's food on it?"...

Damn!  THAT is COOL!

I have to agree with some of the comments above regarding wood being so close to the hot embers but, I do like the idea of everyone being able to sit around the grill kibitzing (discussing their favorite tools, of course) while cooking their own food. Grill it as you consume it - kinda' like a fondue bar-b-cue.

In the interest of both safety and a more hospitable atmosphere, Id like to see the grille itself limited to the raised section in the very center but perhaps a bit larger. The area shown as lower level grille should be converted to a more fire resistant lazy Susan (perhaps with a vertical ceramic back wall) that could be loaded with trays of beef chunks, burgers, dogs, condiments, onions, pickles, spices, utensils & napkins, etc. The third and outer surface, shown in the photo as wood picnic table segments, I'd like to see left stationary and otherwise pretty much as is except for the possible addition of cup holders.

I do have to say it appears the execution of a quite unique design, however, is very well done. My respect and admiration for both the unusual design and the professional looking execution.      

• Like 1

Hey!  I've just noticed, sometime in the recent past, I've apparently gone from Member to Full Member.  Full of what, exactly?  Ooopps! On second thought, please... don't answer that!

I'm not sure I like being referred to as a 'member', full or not...

• 2 weeks later...