Kreg Jigs

kdubward

Ok guys so I know I'm far behind in my wood skills and kreg tools but I picked this up today what should I do guys keep this or take back and save more change to get a better kit?

I would probably hang on to it. The smaller unit is pretty handy sometimes in my opinion. I would still probably get the K5 or K4 when you get the chance. I use mine all of the time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ok guys so I know I'm far behind in my wood skills and kreg tools but I picked this up today what should I do guys keep this or take back and save more change to get a better kit?

Not sure what the price difference is but you will be happier with the K4 or K5. With my K4 you can use it like the kit you purchased clamping it directly to the work piece also.

Ok crew so after about almost 2 weeks of buying this kit I got to finally mess with today and I gotta say this opens up a new world for me sorry if that sounds lame but this lil kit is awesome!!! Now I'm feeling like I gotta go get the bigger kits now and build all kinds of stuff lol!!! It really makes me realize how behind I am in my wood working area. I can't believe how sturdy the 2 2x4's feel using this and if I had some wood glue I bet it would feel even more.

• Like 1

Ok crew so after about almost 2 weeks of buying this kit I got to finally mess with today and I gotta say this opens up a new world for me sorry if that sounds lame but this lil kit is awesome!!! Now I'm feeling like I gotta go get the bigger kits now and build all kinds of stuff lol!!! It really makes me realize how behind I am in my wood working area. I can't believe how sturdy the 2 2x4's feel using this and if I had some wood glue I bet it would feel even more.

That's awesome man. Buy a lot of screws because if you are like me you are gonna put pocket holes in everything!

• Like 1

That's awesome man. Buy a lot of screws because if you are like me you are gonna put pocket holes in everything!

. Lol seriously bro I was already looking at my tables thinking I should redo them. I'm definitely gonna be picking more of these up Thanks Kruton!
  • Like 1

. Lol seriously bro I was already looking at my tables thinking I should redo them. I'm definitely gonna be picking more of these up Thanks Kruton!

Bigmike you can get what Kreg calls a pocket-hole screw kit.  It has 5 different screw sizes and comes in its own case.  It will give you some variety.

• Like 1

Yeah Mike...check Woodcraft and Amazon. They have specials where you can buy a crap load of screws for like $25. Several times a year. When I first got my kit, I bought a box of screws every time I went to HD and Lowes to offset the initial cost.

• Like 1

Yeah Mike...check Woodcraft and Amazon. They have specials where you can buy a crap load of screws for like $25. Several times a year. When I first got my kit, I bought a box of screws every time I went to HD and Lowes to offset the initial cost.

. Hey Brotha I was waiting for u to comment on here man!! I finally picked up a kit small but hey it's a start, I'm really wanting to get into build some tables, furniture etc but man I'm realizing I'm behind on good wood working tools, clamps and such. Sucks cus my money is on hold for now till we can find out what's gonna happen with buying another home bro :/ I'm hoping I can get the bigger kreg systems during the holidays for cheaper.
  • Like 1

. Hey Brotha I was waiting for u to comment on here man!! I finally picked up a kit small but hey it's a start, I'm really wanting to get into build some tables, furniture etc but man I'm realizing I'm behind on good wood working tools, clamps and such. Sucks cus my money is on hold for now till we can find out what's gonna happen with buying another home bro :/ I'm hoping I can get the bigger kreg systems during the holidays for cheaper.

At one time I saw someone was running a special on the K5 with the screw assortment kit for the same price ass just the K5 by itself. Might not be a bad idea to sit and wait until a deal pops up.

Hey it's a start Mike. I bought my Dad.....don't laugh, it's actually kick butt awesome....the Harbor Freight version. His buddy has one and it's all aluminum. I like my Kreg better but for $60 that thing is a dream! For clamps, Comp has an awesome one. Regular clamps are great too!

At one time I saw someone was running a special on the K5 with the screw assortment kit for the same price ass just the K5 by itself. Might not be a bad idea to sit and wait until a deal pops up.

. I hope so Kruton! That is the plan my man!

. LOL!

Hey man have you tried your angle attachment with your Kreg setup yet? I'm thinking I might try it to drive some screws in pocket holes for some shelves in my shop that are in a tight space. Just curious how that will work.