My Daily Bottle

Conductor562

I've always been a scotch drinker at heart, but I've found a new daily spirit. Awhile back I bought 4 bottles of liqueur for variety to entertain some guest. I picked up A 5th of Captain Morgan Black more or less because it was on sale for $15 and figured I'd give it a try.

3 or 4 gallons later, I can't stop drinking it. It has a hint of vanilla, a slight cinnamon finish, and goes extremely well with Cola. Next time you're looking for something different, give it a try.

post-515-0-95625000-1400467535_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I see you have been drawn in to the evil spirit they call rum. I'm a lover from way back. I have about 40 bottles in my collection That range from $12 up to $125 a bottle. If you like the Captain Morgan Black you should give the Kraken a try.

kraken_zps636f93d7.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not much of a liquor drinker except for the occasional shot, or if I'm in a really foul mood. It's mostly beer for me bud light if I'm going out just because its cheap at most regular bars. At home its some kind of Microbrew. In the summer you can't beat a Bell's Oberon ale. It's a big deal in Michigan when they release it for the year. The other big Bells release is Hopslam in the winter that beer will kick your ass its 10% abv. That's one good thing about Michigan we probably have the best Microbreweries in the Midwest.

I certainly do hope you all realize you're bad influences on my drinking habits. I personally prefer Korbel's Extra Smooth brandy. Its about $12 for a 750ml bottle and is smoother than most brandys costing four times as much. I don't know whether its available back your way or not. It is distilled in southern CA. We can get it here in Nevada but Korbel doesn't normally ship it out of CA. I don't know all the details but I do know it's far less expensive to buy it by the case at their vineyard tasting & sales room in Guerneville, CA. I just heard, today in fact, that Costco had it in their Reno stores through the past holiday season. I do know Total Wine in Reno also stocks it.

Capt. Morgan Black, that bottle pic sure made me thirsty, and coke sounds good as does mixing, perhaps old No7, with Mtn. Dew. Dew is sweet and caffeinated but with far less carbonation than most sodas/mixers.

Well - bottons up!   

I've never mixed anything with Mt. Dew. I'm gonna have to give that a try.

I had to give it up though... the Dew keeps me up and gives me heartburn. So I just drink bourbon on the rocks.

That reminds me of a bad joke my bro-in-law told me. Did you hear what the Mt. Dew plant manage said when he found out they ran out of ingredients? "Well, I guess we'll have to make due with what we have..."