What's your favourite adjustable wrench(cresent type)?

YukonPlumber

Proto Clik-Stops are my favorite. J706L, 708L, 710L, 712L, and 715L

About all USA made adjustables are made by Western Forge these days. Craftsman is probably the best value. It's the same WF made wrench everyone else sells, but it can be had cheaper.

The other quality options are Spanish made by a company called Irega. Channellock adjustables are Irega made. Very nice wrenches.

For regular adjustable wrench I love the Bahco wrenches (I have the standard, thin jaw and the Pipe/nut combo wrench.) But more and more I like the Knipex pliers wrench. They grip better, open wider and have a almost ratchet function.

German wrenches are the best wrenches.

knipex plier wrenches look pretty cool, is the comfort grip worth it for ppl that have used them?

I like the comfort grips and think they are worth it.  Especially if it for a "clean" tool set, if it is for wrenching under a car I would get the regular grips just because they are easier to clean.

I have about 50/50 comfort grip and regular grip. Either way I love my knipex. 

• 4 weeks later...

Check out the thread on the Knipex Pliers Wrench. Check out these Crescent Clench Wrenches as well. Good for brake and fuel lines and things like that. But the Knipex Pliers Wrench is definitely the new gold standard. 

And check this out: http://www.xforcetools.com/products/hexforce 

I haven't tried them and haven't read any reviews, but on paper and in theory it is absolutely. 100%. Genius. Some ideas work great on paper and not on execution though. Someone ought to buy a set of these and tell us how they are. Absolutely brilliant design in theory. It completely wraps around the nut.

• 1 year later...

Hi

The knipex pliers wrench is a great tool. I use it as a specialty tool for clamping Telegartner Cat 6 RJ-45 network keystones which became gold standard for high speed quality network installation. And the comfort handles allow for all-day use. I'm sure they would be great for other applications they were intended for but as mentioned here before i keep a clean tool set for network installation.

There are other great auto adjust pliers from CH Hanson called self-Adjusting Groove Pliers pretty nifty and much cheaper than knipex

• 2 weeks later...

The Channellock wrenches are very nice. They are made in Spain by a company called Irega and are generally regarded as top tier quality. The same wrenches are sold under several other labels including Klein, Blackhawk, and I believe even Snap-On and Mac are peddling the Irega's.

I'm also fairly certain that Western Forge is the last company making adjustables in America