best place to get square drive screws?

BIGBEARJT

I'm on the look out for some square drive screws in the common sizes, 1" - 3" at least 1 lb but would like more. My local stores don't sell them, so trying to find the best place to get them, for framing I can't go back to using anything else.

Come to Canada we use Robertson (square drive) screws as much as you use Philips head ones in the states. I cant believe you don't have them down there you can use them one handed without needing you bits to be insanely magnetized.

• Like 1

Yes online is preferred, stainless steel would be nice, I had some for a while and now run out but don't remember the brand. But the tip was slotted with a sharp tip which made easy one handed toe nailing boards. I can only get cheap pos Philips head screws which piss me off to no end, who wants to deal with stripped and broken screws all day long.

Yes online is preferred, stainless steel would be nice, I had some for a while and now run out but don't remember the brand. But the tip was slotted with a sharp tip which made easy one handed toe nailing boards. I can only get cheap pos Philips head screws which piss me off to no end, who wants to deal with stripped and broken screws all day long.

Well I only looked for like 20 min but this website seems the cheapest if you account for shipping, Free after 25$ (looked for 3" since the bigger screws are always harder to find).   http://www.rockler.com/8-square-drive-lube-finished-screws-number-8-screws  These have a bunch of sizes .  They also have stainless steel available but only up to 2 1/4. 

A 50-75 piece pack of 3" screws is usually around 1lb if you want to think of it that way, so maybe slightly less than you were looking for.  If you want bulk (like 500-1000 piece boxes) I can look again for ya, most of the major hardware stores carry those, but don't offer free shipping usually. The Rockler website I linked has 700 piece packs of Kreg stainless deck screws for 110$ for reg deck screws for like 50$ but they are only 2 inches and have that weird head on them to fit in their deck jig.

Let me know if you need more research done!

U know hatter I kind thought the conductor finally posted a selfie. Sorry, but seriously that monkey is kind of creepy.

Lol thanks!   I could get used to being called creepy monkey man i guess lol.

that picture is cool :D

Thanks I thought it was funny!