Which batteries are my tools compatible with?

mws_1984

Is there a way to find out which newer batteries my older bundle package tools will work with? 

Right now working on getting a DC820B 1/2" cordless impact(tool only). Was thinking I was all set with batteries  but realizing that it may not be compatible with the DC9099 batteries I have already from my bundle. Dewalt site says I need DC9096 batteries. So if I got those I'm wondering if they would work with my other tools I have. I can provide a list when I go to the garage and get it. 

Any 18v Dewalt battery will work in the DC820B. Including the DC9099 batteries. The DC9096 batteries are a higher amp hour and will give you more run time though. 

Ok I wasn't sure because on Dewalt site it doesn't mention the 9099 battery being compatible with that impact. It mentions the 9096 batteries now. I did see they have a 9096S in Home Depot. I just want to avoid having to buy a new charger to. But upon opening package my 9099 batteries fit this impact. 

Ok I wasn't sure because on Dewalt site it doesn't mention the 9099 battery being compatible with that impact. It mentions the 9096 batteries now. I did see they have a 9096S in Home Depot. I just want to avoid having to buy a new charger to. But upon opening package my 9099 batteries fit this impact. 

Probably because they do not sell the DC9099 batteries seperately. They are only available in kits. If you find them for sale online, like Ebay, it's because someone either rebuilt batteries or took them out of a kit and are selling them separately. 

Probably because they do not sell the DC9099 batteries seperately. They are only available in kits. If you find them for sale online, like Ebay, it's because someone either rebuilt batteries or took them out of a kit and are selling them separately. 

Going to have to evaluate my charger and see what to do. I was told there is a recall on my charger. But it doesn't have any markings on it to indicate that it was fixed. The serial # does not fall in the series that was recalled, nor does it have a marking that says it was OK.