Harbor Freight, who owns what from there?

Northern Rebel

• 6 months later...

I own their 21 gallon compressor, an "earthquake" impact wrench and 3 ton floor jack plus various smaller tools. While it is not my favorite brand, I have never had any of their tools fail me. So I guess that they are pretty good if you are trying to save a few bucks.

A good friend swears by their 10" saw blades. Never used them myself but he said for the price you don't feel quite as bad tossing one and they do a pretty solid job.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I had the 21 gallon compressor and I ended up returning it, due to the fact that the AMP draw at startup was too high for my garage. My detached garage has a single 15 AMP line running on 12-2 too it. So the compressor would draw too much AMP's and either not start or trip the breaker. I ended up buying a Craftsman Vertical 30 Gallon Oilless Compressor. I've nicknamed it the "Mind Eraser" due to the decibel level when it's running.

I loved the 5 drawer tool cart, that thing was awesome. Best value currently on the market. Also have a lot of the hand tools as well as the 3 ton floor jack and the stands. No issues with them.

I tend to stay away from their power tools, however I do have the 1/2 drill which I've completely abused and it' still working quite well. 

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-inch-low-speed-electric-drill-97594.html

Also picked this Angle grinder up. It's such a huge POS (1/2" of backlash in the gearset) but the thing just won't die. I've actually started to respect the little guy.

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-43-amp-angle-grinder-69645.html

Definitely seen some decent stuff come outta there!!

It's like a dollar store for men!!!

I have earthquake impact like others mentioned

Digital caliper, 3/8 torque wrench, impact sockets, 24" crescent, compressor, reciprocating saw, among other nick nacks(all for home only use!!)

For my GC work I got the 2-1 brad/stapler & wet tile saw..

Brad gun was awesome to begin with and actually preferred it over $89 cobalt a buddy had..after 6 months of daily use and lots of brads it has lost its punch..leaves heads about 1/4 out..but we put that $20 gun through hell and definitely got the money back

The wet saw is still kicking great..had it ab 5 months with regular use & it's definitely made its money back!!

Best I can say w HF is have low expectations and you won't be so disappointed when something fails!!

TIP: Always Google HF coupon on ur phone and you can get 20-25% and jus scan from phone or give coupon #

Always use a free item coupon..always needs cheap tarp!!!

I have a bunch of their magnetic bowls and tray,  sometimes you get coupons to make them like a dollar or something.  I have a bunch of zip ties, and few grinder wheels, anything that I dont HAVE to have something super good on.  My buddy has one of the big compressors,  he looked online before he bought it and they recommended running a bunch of this cleaner stuff through it before use.  HE did and got a bunch of metal shavings out, now its been running for 2 years no problem.