Wifi Thermostat

DamianD

I just picked up from Target, a new Honeywell home thermostat with wifi built in.  Found this gem for $30 on clearance originally $130.  I couldnt pass it up.  Quickly got it installed and I have to admit, its pretty awesome.  It isnt the touch screen model, which is a little overkill if you ask me.  But I can now operate and change temp settings from anywhere, all with my phone.  Which is especially useful around this time of year when the mornings are 30 degrees and by noon its 70 out.  Also when the old lady cranks the heat or ac while im not home, I can go ahead and change it back Muahahah!!!  Best thing since sliced bread

That is a fantastic price!! Honeywell HVAC controls are some of the better ones out there. I have the 3M branded Radio Thermostat. I love it too. It has an app for Apple and Android products. The one thing I like is it will tell me how long my equipment ran for. That is nice to see especially in heating season. 

How is the user interface? Pretty simple and clean?

• Like 1

That's a sweet price! Was it pretty much a plug and play install?

For the most part.  My old one ran on batteries, so i had to designate a common wire from the furnace to the new thermostat. The wires are all there so I literally just tied one into power.

That is a fantastic price!! Honeywell HVAC controls are some of the better ones out there. I have the 3M branded Radio Thermostat. I love it too. It has an app for Apple and Android products. The one thing I like is it will tell me how long my equipment ran for. That is nice to see especially in heating season. 

How is the user interface? Pretty simple and clean?

Very simple. It isnt the touch screen model with all the bells and whistles, so it literally has a green screen and like 7 buttons.  All basic functions of your plane jane thermostat, just now has the ability to be adjusted from an app.

• Like 1

Sweet deal Damian all this talk about them has me looking at mine now.

If you dont mind forking out about $100 or find one on clearance like I did, you wont be disappointed. Its really a nice added feature to have.

Next upgrade should be some "smart vents"

Example: http://www.keenhome.io/products/smart-vent

Not a lot of people even know these thing exist but for a guy like me: 2 story house - single AC. Auto routing airflow save on cooling bills in the summer.

I like the thought of those. A ton easier than the bladder damper systems