Put up a new raised garden bed today

DR99

I used by new Milwaukee M18 Fuel High Torque Impact Wrench for the lag bolts, and my M18 fuel sawzall to cut the 4x4 material to brace the corners. They worked so good I got everything done in less than an hour. What's going to take time is filling it up with top soil that is going to take awhile and be back breaking :) I also threw in a picture of the other two beds I put in the one in the middle is over an old cement slap for a shed. That's how these gardens started. I figured it would be easier/cheaper just to cover the old slab than pay someone to rip it out, or all the effort of ripping it out myself. The one bed looks a little weedy but I need to put my cultivator through it soon so don't judge me too bad. I try not to use an pesticides or herbicides.

• Like 1

I could have taken longer an made it look pretty but I was like whats the point its just there to hold dirt. I you Spax lag bolts they are really nice they start really easy with no pre drilling.

Looks good did you use pressure treated wood?

Yea I did. Im not really worried about and chemicals leeching and they got rid of most of the nasty stuff in the new  PT process anyways. I was just pissed how shitty and wet he wood was at HD when I bought it. I probably should have took the shittier boards and asked for a discount. With that project i didn't need pretty boards just ones that were straight and not cupped not too bad.

Nice job!  I thought that laying newspaper down and covering it with dirt will kill anything underneath & then the newspaper rots & turns into soil.  You may want to try that.

I'm have been trying to get to that where my lettuce is growing. I have been just so busy cutting my lawn and trimming trees. I'm so pissed there are like 3/4 more branches I would like to get but they are too tall with the pole saw and ladder I have right now.

I might put up one or two trellises to grow climbing plants like pole beans. I have to fight for every inch with this tiny yard, but I do have a pretty impressive garden I think for the size of my yard. I also need to put in my drip irrigation system next. If I can afford it I want to put some rain barrels in to help with some of the costs to water the garden.