Got Routers?

RickyMcGrath

I also have several routers however out of the 4 I have they are all by different brands for good reason none of which are Dewalt.....right from a 3/4 HP model right up to my production model of 3 1/2 HP how do you like the Dewalt?

I also have several routers however out of the 4 I have they are all by different brands for good reason none of which are Dewalt.....right from a 3/4 HP model right up to my production model of 3 1/2 HP how do you like the Dewalt?

They're all pretty good. Few little hiccups here and there. The height adjustment on my DW625 (3HP) was upside down. Wouldn't hold he plunge down. Other than that, I'm pleased. I have the big D Handle for the 2.25HP as well.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an awesome idea with the router bits. I think i am going to have to steal that idea from you.

Notice I took the sleeves from the original factory packaging and inserted them into the block as well. Makes inserting and removal very smooth and they really hold the bits in well.

I used a caliper to measure and choose the exact drill bit for size. I can turn the block over and shake it and nothing moves.

I'm going to route out a pocket on the right for Allen keys and extra bearings to sit in. Maybe with a bit of foam glued in. I'm also considering a box lid of some sort. Maybe plexiglass as I've had an itch to ply around with it and make something.