I Need Help Spending $700 on Cordless Tools

Nalu Rash

Makita offers a lot actually im in kinda the same vote as you minus the dewalt plat form but im gonna prob be growing on makita for my cordless and millwaukee aswell i feel they are the best bet for power oh and bosch for me dewalt is on the low end on my tool list

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips man. I think I'm gonna go with the Milwaukee FUEL line for my cordless tools. I love Bosch corded tools, I've got a Table Saw and a few Routers as well as some Rotary Impacts from Bosch.

• Like 2

I haven't used the cordless dewalt sawzaw or circular saw so I can't speak on witch ones better. I do however use the millwakee fuel line and am very pleased. I have the circular saw an sawzaw and they both perform great, just like my other fuel cordless tools. You won't be let down my the millwakee.

Thanks for your input!

Thanks for the tips man. I think I'm gonna go with the Milwaukee FUEL line for my cordless tools. I love Bosch corded tools, I've got a Table Saw and a few Routers as well as some Rotary Impacts from Bosch.

remember to post pix Nalu of the new toys.ur gonna love the Fuel line

Milwaukees a great choice one of the.most powerful impacts in the game great reliable line a cordless tools and like mike said show picsss

• Like 1

I have the bosch 18v circ saw and was incredibly disappointed... bosch has always been a decent brand and the circ saw left me crying lol

I own the Milwaukee fuel drill/driver and impact, love them both.

used my buddies tools (dewalt 20v brushed, and Makita 18v brushed) prefer the Makita over dewalt... if you are in the market I agree with the fuel or Makita lines, they are my lines I will be growing into for sure!

I also have been keeping my eye on ridged tools, they have lifetime warranty and I have some corded tools and I am thoroughly impressed by them as well. I am by no means a tool snob but dewalt has went from top of the line to middle of the pack in a matter of a few years.. its sad but tools are tools and the best way to get a job done is to know when to jump ship and swap the platform to one that can perform.

good luck and do your research!

• Like 1

I have the bosch 18v circ saw and was incredibly disappointed... bosch has always been a decent brand and the circ saw left me crying lol

used my buddies tools (dewalt 20v brushed, and Makita 18v brushed) prefer the Makita over dewalt... if you are in the market I agree with the fuel or Makita lines, they are my lines I will be growing into for sure!

I also have been keeping my eye on ridged tools, they have lifetime warranty and I have some corded tools and I am thoroughly impressed by them as well. I am by no means a tool snob but dewalt has went from top of the line to middle of the pack in a matter of a few years.. its sad but tools are tools and the best way to get a job done is to know when to jump ship and swap the platform to one that can perform.

Im.glad there all people who share.my thoughts and opinions because i agree with what you said and i agree with you 2 tool brand picks those are the same i.will be growing with aswell. I never owned a bosch circ saw but i jave heard things about there worm drive circ saw i believe its bassically the same as skil and i wanna try the makita worm drive as well

• Like 1

Thanks for your input.

I don't have any cordless Bosch tools, but I love most of the corded tools they have. I've got a CS5 sidewinder that I use all the time and it's been really nice. I didn't know about Rigid's Lifetime Warranty, that's pretty darn sweet. I agree with you, I'm not a tool snob either. I just haven't invested much into cordless tools and I'd rather not have a bunch of different batteries and chargers laying around, lol. 

It seem's like Makita and Milwaukee have been mentioned a lot here in the forums. I'm gonna go with the Milwaukee FUEL line, I've already got a bunch of their hand tools that I really like.

ive liked most all of milwaukees tools, I have more hand tools and power at the moment however I was a little disappointed with their 1/4" hex bits, I find their S2 bits wear really fast, however their screwdrivers have held up well. I actually just purchased a ridgid 12v drill and impact solely for woodworking projects and because I purchased their 12v jobmax and wanted more batteries for that also. I did some research and thought that they aren't much less torque or rpm than the Milwaukee fuels and I needed more batteries anyhow so I decided to bite the $109 price tag... (nice and cheap lol) looking forward to seeing the pictures in the near future, and you wont be disappointed with the choice!

• Like 1

U know people complain that dewalt has been dragging their feet lately and Milwaukee has been cranking out the new tools, but a while back Milwaukee was the one dragging their feet. At one point or another all tool companies have slow points, that's because they are focusing on new innovations for their company and not just jumping on the next big fad. In a couple of years every tool out their is going to be brushless and that is going to be out dated technology. My point being is, we all have a lot of tools from different tool companies. that however doesn't mean we jump ship just because the next greatest fad has not come out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just wanted to thank the TIA crew for all your advice. After the recent news from the Milwaukee Symposium, I'm very glad that I went with Milwaukee for the cordless platform. Thank you everyone that offered advice and opinions, I really appreciate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Haha...you guys crack me up. I think everyone in this forum has a case of "GAS" aka "Gear Acquisition Syndrome". For others, it's even worse, it's called "TIDNBCLWGD" or "Tools I Don't Need But Can't Live Without Getting Disease". Sometimes the owner of the tool can pass a virus unto the tool itself, in these extreme cases it's called "Pegboard Trophy Virus" "PTV" for short. This is when the owner buys a tool and hangs it up on a pegboard for the remainder of the tools existence, a real tragedy. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A lot of people are going to Milwauke I personally prefer Dewalt. I tried to switch to red a while back and keep havering problems with my hammer drill I have broke numberus chucks and moters I have had it rebuilt several times and replaced twice. Besides that I like Milwauke even though I don't use them any more I upgraded and got 20v max and love it the best $600 I have spent in a while.