Tools Required for Building A Closet?

Caveman14

the bosch sander, the dewalt circ saw are great choices. 

Lots of brands make good mitre saws. i think a good middle ground between a 10" drop and 12" slider is a 12" droppy. you get quite a large cut depth and width, without the bulk (or cost) of a slider...

this looks like good value, 12" dewalt for $220. - http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW715-12-Inch-Single-Bevel-Compound/dp/B000ASBCK4/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1434002851&sr=1-2&keywords=miter+saw

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the replies; the suggestions have been overwhelming! I already feel the urge to buy it all, as ChrisK hinted at  ;D . There's been some pretty solid backing for the Bosch sander, so that's an automatic buy, unless something just feels off when I go to try it out (which I doubt). The reconditioned Hitachi seems to be a great buy, especially if the problems they (hopefully) fixed dealt with any casting errors. I like that the Sidewinder is all magnesium and that already comes with a pretty quality blade, so there is a bit of an extra value in there. As stated, the reviews seems quite positive. 

I guess that the only real decisions I've got left are which nailer to get (Paslode nailers are McLaren priced!), If I should get another drill (or just more NiCad batteries), and what accessories I should spring for (although things like hole saw and masonry bits are probably better to have than not to have).

Again, thank you for all of the suggestions. Getting in under the ~$600 (so far :lol:)  price mark is quite nice, tbh.

Thanks for all of the replies; the suggestions have been overwhelming! I already feel the urge to buy it all, as ChrisK hinted at ;D . There's been some pretty solid backing for the Bosch sander, so that's an automatic buy, unless something just feels off when I go to try it out (which I doubt). The reconditioned Hitachi seems to be a great buy, especially if the problems they (hopefully) fixed dealt with any casting errors. I like that the Sidewinder is all magnesium and that already comes with a pretty quality blade, so there is a bit of an extra value in there. As stated, the reviews seems quite positive.

I guess that the only real decisions I've got left are which nailer to get (Paslode nailers are McLaren priced!), If I should get another drill (or just more NiCad batteries), and what accessories I should spring for (although things like hole saw and masonry bits are probably better to have than not to have).

Again, thank you for all of the suggestions. Getting in under the ~$600 (so far [emoji38]) price mark is quite nice, tbh.

I.know paslodes are pricy but they are worth it but if your not playing on frameing all the time.or your not a bif time framer maybe you will.enjoy the dewalt nailer i look at it from a pro framer stand point but as a diyer or a weekend worrier i can see it being a good fit but if you have the funds i say paslode all day and drilld go with milwaukee or makita

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I.know paslodes are pricy but they are worth it but if your not playing on frameing all the time.or your not a bif time framer maybe you will.enjoy the dewalt nailer i look at it from a pro framer stand point but as a diyer or a weekend worrier i can see it being a good fit but if you have the funds i say paslode all day and drilld go with milwaukee or makita

I feel as if I wouldn't be using a nailer as much, or nearly as much, as the circ and mitre saws. And if I'm gonna get a nailer, I'd get both a finish and framing one. Given that, I'm looking at the Ryobi Airstrike line. The Guys seem to really like them, and they're honestly what I'd value a nailer at right now in my 'career'. If I can't buy them, however, I will look at rental options.

Still looking at the suggested drills. 

I feel as if I wouldn't be using a nailer as much, or nearly as much, as the circ and mitre saws. And if I'm gonna get a nailer, I'd get both a finish and framing one. Given that, I'm looking at the Ryobi Airstrike line. The Guys seem to really like them, and they're honestly what I'd value a nailer at right now in my 'career'. If I can't buy them, however, I will look at rental options.

Still looking at the suggested drills.

Iv heard very good things about the ryobi air strike probably the only ryobi tool il buy is the finishing.nailer

In all honesty caveman U won't go wrong with any of the main brands out there ita just up to what attracts U and what line Carrys more of UR daily needs, I have the Dewalt 20v line for wood working mostly which I seriously need to approve on to keep up with U guys and milwaukee line for more of there mechanic tools that they offer plus there m12 line is awesome its the best of both worlds for me, not knocking other brands I just haven't had the privilege of trying them. Man if I were to let the Tool junkie in me decide I would buy them all!!!

• Like 1

In all honesty caveman U won't go wrong with any of the main brands out there ita just up to what attracts U and what line Carrys more of UR daily needs, I have the Dewalt 20v line for wood working mostly which I seriously need to approve on to keep up with U guys and milwaukee line for more of there mechanic tools that they offer plus there m12 line is awesome its the best of both worlds for me, not knocking other brands I just haven't had the privilege of trying them. Man if I were to let the Tool junkie in me decide I would buy them all!!!

I kind of feel the same way, too. They aren't big brands for no reason. It's just that I like to get popular, and quality, opinion before spending any kind of money on anything. There are quite a few items that I just wouldn't have known about if I didn't watch the TIA guys and if I didn't search these forums. 

I kind of feel the same way, too. They aren't big brands for no reason. It's just that I like to get popular, and quality, opinion before spending any kind of money on anything. There are quite a few items that I just wouldn't have known about if I didn't watch the TIA guys and if I didn't search these forums.

agree bro!! my Tool game went up and wallet got so thin after finding these guys lol! And I wouldn't have it any other way!;) T.I.A FO LIFE!!! LOL! Good luck man with UR searching for the right line to get into I know if I were to start over again it would be hard to choose.
  • Like 2

i agree that buying Paslode guns is overkill for a DIYer. I certainly don't think he needs a framer anyway, just an ok finish gun will be helpful, Hitachi are widely acknowledged as an excellent value for money 'trade' brand for nail guns.

The only thing about buying a 10" mitre saw to look out for is the cutting width. I couldn't quite cut 140mm decking boards (a very common size of decking + lumber in Australia), with my old 10" Bosch miter saw. I think a slider, or a 12" will serve better...

• Like 2

Even Dewalt is kinda overkill for a Diy guy for a nailgun. Depending on your needs you could probably get away with a Harbor Freight gun. It gets really good reviews. http://www.harborfreight.com/21-angle-full-head-framing-air-nailer-69927.html

just watched a few reviews on UTube on harbor freights framing nailers and they look pretty good, not bad..

• 2 weeks later...