Before and After

PeteW

so for the past week i have had to demo this old 1890s kitchen alone, it wouldn't have been too bad if all the walls weren't lath and wire plaster and if there weren't two ceilings, the new one on top of the old, plus the hidden live knob and tube in the ceiling that i almost hit with my saw (thank god for a flashlight and pen tester). however the before and after pictures are pretty cool i think.

if anyone else has some cool before and after pictures please share!

• Like 1

A lot of work done there Pete and thank god U didn't hit that live knob man!One never know what lurks behind the walls man when I renovated my grandparents living room a few years ago which I shoulve taken pics cus it came out badass;) we found all kinds of old pipes that weren't connected to anything just in there we thought we had broke some pipes but they were forgotten or something heck I was hanging some pics for them a couple monthes ago and when I went to hammer a nail in the nail just bounces back out its so wierd I even took a longer nail and hit it hard with my hammer and it just ba ounces back its so weird my gramps Said to just leave it alone but I'm still curious to WHATS behing there.

• Like 1

thanks guys, ya demo is definitely not my favorite thing especially when it's like this job.

Bigmikez your right its crazy the stuff you find in these homes, the basement of this house has 15 rooms, they use to store coal down there for the old boiler. every time i'm down there i feel like i am in the Shining or Silence of the Lambs, those twin girls are gunna be around a corner and scare the shit out of me. this is one of those jobs i stand back and say man i am happy this isnt my home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...