Oh. Hey There.

Micheal West

Hey. I'm new here.

Obviously, my name is Mike. I'm a full blown DeWalt addict. I'd offer the standard addict line: "I can stop whenever I want", but honestly, I'm almost positive I can't. Just take my money, DeWalt. Take it.

I'm currently in the process of building out my new custom tool trailer. I'll update with photos when I get further along.

Anywho, I know a thing or two, but I'm always looking to learn more. Looking forward to talking about my black and yellow love affair with you all.

-Mike

• Like 1

Do you Dewalt crazys just play Wiz Khalifa; Black and Yellow on loop all day long! Haha. It's like your anthem.

Welcome to the forum Mike! Looking forward to seeing pics of your trailer. I work out of a 7x14 enclosed v nose that is all fitted with custom tool cabinets and shelves.. I'll tell you now that you will never be "done" I have remodeled my setup probably 3 or 4 times and I still have things I want to do to it.

• Like 3

Do you Dewalt crazys just play Wiz Khalifa; Black and Yellow on loop all day long! Haha. It's like your anthem.

Welcome to the forum Mike! Looking forward to seeing pics of your trailer. I work out of a 7x14 enclosed v nose that is all fitted with custom tool cabinets and shelves.. I'll tell you now that you will never be "done" I have remodeled my setup probably 3 or 4 times and I still have things I want to do to it.

It's so funny you ask about the black and yellow song... My friends and I have a running joke, that when I build a new garage workshop, I'm going to put a trigger sensor on the door, set to play the line from that song "Black and yellow! Black and yellow! Black and yellow! Black and yellow!"

And, I definitely hear you on never being done. This trailer (5'x10' enclosed V-Nose, customized to 6.5' height) is my third "tool space". Sadly I had to give up my workshop in my basement, when I renovated it to add a theater room, and bathroom for the wife and kids.

I'll get pics up as soon as I can get something done. But, I just had knee surgery, so I'm gimped for a while. It's slow goings, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, not sure how your response slipped by me but I'm just seeing it now...

I knew you dewalt guys must love that song.. how much do you think dewalt paid him to write that!! Haha

Good call on getting the 6.5' trailer height!! I ordered mine sight unseen and it was my first trailer so i got the 6' ceiling it's just too low and one of my only regrets about the trailer

good luck with the build out, bummer about the workshop but family has gotta come first. Good man

I hope the knee is recovering well!

• Like 1

I built custom racks, with 1" square steel tubing, like a few guys I've seen on here.

I drilled about 65 holes into each piece of tubing, which took next to forever, but it was fully worth it.

My drill press sure got a workout, haha.

I should have pics of my preliminary set up tomorrow. I know I'll have to tweak a few things around, but, the bulk of the layout should prove viable.