Does anyone know why we don't have a brushless Dewalt 12V?

Carlos Osorio

Dewalt has decided to concentrate on their 20v line of tools. The 12v line will mostly be kept the same with maybe some additional test and measurement tools. Dewalt feels that they can make the 20v tools similar size and wight of the 12v tools now.

i love the 12 volt line myself but for me the dewalt 12volt line is a piece of Sh**. if you want a good 12volt line its Milwaukee or bosch.

I had the Dewalt 12v Drill, Impact, and Screwdriver. I don't know that I would call them a P.O.S., But there is a HUGE difference when you step up to the Milwaukee Fuel line. I think of them as very light duty. The thing is DeWalt can do much better. They are just choosing not to right now.

I love dewalt, but I want out of the 12V

And it's already begun...come to the dark side. lol. All kidding aside though, I wish DeWalt would really flesh out the 12V lineup. I had a 12V Impact Driver and Drill/Driver that was very nice for small woodworking projects. After taking a look at what some of the other companies are offering it's hard to stay with DeWalt for some people. I like the Milwaukee M12 tools but I only have the 5-3/8" circ saw for now. I want to get the M12 drill driver for drilling screws and driving screws in carcases.

I wasn't planning on goin m12....DR and Chrisk set me up!!!! One guy hooked me up with a battery another guy hooked me up with a charger and BAM!!! I'm a proud owner of the m12 line ;)

Yeah I vaguely remember you mentioning that you found a cordless drill with no battery or charger and the crew hooked you up, that's amazing. This forum is filled with good souls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yeah I vaguely remember you mentioning that you found a cordless drill with no battery or charger and the crew hooked you up, that's amazing. This forum is filled with good souls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yes good Red team souls ;)

• 1 month later...

Agree 100% to that!!

I agree as well,Other brands seem to be integrating brushless into a wider range of products than dewalt . I just bought into  Dewalts 20V lineup but am waiting for the 12v to go brushless. If they don't I think I'll  go the Milwaukee or Bosch route. The thing I do love about Dewalts 12v Drills are the slimmer handles though and a 4ah with brushless XR setup would have me first in line.

Nope, the way I see it, is if you're shopping close to a press racket like Dewalt and milwaukee's June shows then wait and see. If there are no announcements there that suit your needs, just buy what's best and readily available, in this case Bosch or M12.

I used to be a pretty big dewalt fan but over the past few years I feel like they are jus kinda cruiseing by on their name..and the whole 20v scheme they pulled certainly didn't help their case with me..further pushes the fact they are jus trying to make money on only face value..

That being said I highly doubt you'll seen any better 12v tools than they have now for quite sometime :/

• Like 1