Here it is the green makita top of the line impact againts the new gen 2 puel impact

torontotoolman

https://instagram.com/p/6oQQzDkxDx/

I know a bunch of milwaukee boys are gonna be saying how this is not a fare tool fight or "pre drilled holes" blah blah but this was at the milwaukee evant at atlas tool shop today and i see nothing unfare and i personally know this guy he is the real deal a general contractor who knows his tools and uses his tools on the daily he owns and loves every brand

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Not exactly scientific. One guy handles the Makita like a pro, one guy holds the Milwaukee cock eyed and lets it shake the crap out of him. My 2653 hasn't rattled my brain the way that 2753 seems to lol. Hopefully I'm not disappointed when I get my hands on one.

• Like 1

One test does not make a full comparison though. Purely from the spec sheet this would be predicted. I think the Makita is 3600RPM while the Milwaukee runs 3000RPM. Doesn't the Milwaukee have 1800 in-lbs of torque vs.1600 for the Makita? This would mean the Milwaukee could drive everything the Makita could albeit a little slower but then there would be stuff the Makita would get stopped on that the Milwaukee would keep driving, that and near the Makita's maximum torque the Milwaukee would be having a much easier time and be faster. They're both great but if you're doing lags longer than your forearm I think a Makita or Milwaukee impact wrench would be the way to go ;)

It's not a surprising result. The Makita has great power and HUGE RPM. For most contractors (IMO), driving batten screws like that is the hardest job they'll give their impact driver most days.

Will it be a different story driving enormous lags without pre-drilling? We shall see when a more comprehensive comparison is done.

For my money, the tiny Makita with 3600RPM will be very hard to beat for most contractors.

https://instagram.com/p/6oQQzDkxDx/

I know a bunch of milwaukee boys are gonna be saying how this is not a fare tool fight or "pre drilled holes" blah blah but this was at the milwaukee evant at atlas tool shop today and i see nothing unfare and i personally know this guy he is the real deal a general contractor who knows his tools and uses his tools on the daily he owns and loves every brand

I didn't say it has pre-drilled holes, I said the way he did his video you couldn't tell because the video starts while driving .....I also said if it that Makita wins that test so be it. I own both big boy Milwaukee fuel drill and impact and am happy enough to keep them and not run out and buy Makita.......like I also said I have worked with some kind of power tools for longer than some of the members have known what power tools are and I am firm with Milwaukee Quality and performance .....

I didn't say it has pre-drilled holes, I said the way he did his video you couldn't tell because the video starts while driving .....I also said if it that Makita wins that test so be it. I own both big boy Milwaukee fuel drill and impact and am happy enough to keep them and not run out and buy Makita.......like I also said I have worked with some kind of power tools for longer than some of the members have known what power tools are and I am firm with Milwaukee Quality and performance .....

I dont remeber who it was but on one of the other videos i posted someone or more then one person mentions somwthing about pre drilled holes for the makita and also said the makita had a head start but he it is a clear cut case but anyway this isnt posted to start another makita milwaukee battle im just showing the new hyped up gen 2 fuel impact for a first hands on little clip of it in action

Ya my buddy was saying its how the milwaukee is balanced and it has a really bad wobble

That doesn't mirror my ownership experience with the 2453 or 2653 M12/M18 Impact drivers at all. I could buy it being that specific driver, but representative of all 2753s? I would find that harder to believe. We will see when more reviews come out.

Its a cool first look.

But its like dwain says. The 3600/rpm of the Makita is what makes the difference and will make the Makita an easy winner in 99 procent of impact use.

Having more torque is all cool and that but the only time your impact actually delivers that maximum torque is on a hard connection metal on metal when the bolt head hits the metal beneath it and the bolt cant go any further. Only then will that maximum torque been transfered.

Max torque hardly matters on an impact in 99 procent of the cases

Max torque hardly matters on an impact in 99 procent of the cases

Yeah, but if you're trying to sink 3/8" or 1/2" lag screws into timber without pre-drilling, the max torque starts to matter a lot. As much as un-drilled lag torque tests look great on video, I just don't think its that common in real life.

Also, unloaded RPM means nothing. Tools need to have enough power behind them when a real world load is applied, to keep those RPMs high enough. This is where the Makita shines, and it really blew me away.

Makita is my 2nd favorite and it's nice to see other companies stepping up their game..but no matter what anyone says..if you buy any of the top 5 or so drill brands your going tobe plenty enough happy and get the job done jus as efficiently!!

Competition in consumer base products is only better for the consumer!!!

• Like 2

Yea being tool maniacs that most of us are on here we gotta split hairs on what's the top dog!!! Hahaha wouldn't have it any other way!!!

I feel you to be real each tool brand has there followers and its kinda like a gang but obviously not in a criminal way but to be honest every tool is good but people just want there brand "gang" "color" to be the best

• Like 2