Sliding Compound Mitre Saw Not Cutting True

eumundi

I've got a Makita LS1017L sliding compound mitre saw. As far as I know, it has always cut accurately but I'm now experiencing inaccuracy on wide cuts, and I don't know what to do to fix it.

The attached pic shows a 300mm wide board and you can see that the cut is off by a couple of mil at the furthest reach of the saw.

I honestly don't know if this is recent behaviour or not, as I usually cut narrower stock on the saw.

A little while ago I accidentally bought the saw down on a heavy unsecured piece and the resultant kick caused the blade to shift off centre because it was secured with an incorrectly specified bush. It's possible I may have done some damage there.

I now have a new blade on the saw with the correct bush, and this is happening.

Any suggestions?

The only explanations I can come up with for the sudden curve at the end is either one of the slides is bent, or as the weight shifts too far forward it brings something out of alignment.  If it was still giving a straight cut but at an angle that would be much easier to troubleshoot.  Checking that the slides are still straight is straightforward.  Checking if it's something else being loose is more difficult.