Grizzly Bandsaw

jackrabbit41

So I just got a used Grizzly G0561 metal cutting bandsaw and I have two problems. One, I'm not getting any cutting fluid flow so is it my pump?

two, overtime the saw gets under a load, like a heavy/long cut, the breaker trips and I have to pull the saw up and reset it. How do I fix this.

I got this used so I don't really know the history. Its in perfect working condition other then those problems. 

">http://http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Jackrabbit123/media/IMG_4788_zpsfi8kvy0l.jpg.html'>IMG_4788_zpsfi8kvy0l.jpg

The issue with the cutting like you mentioned is probably an issue with the pump or plumbing if there is a hole in the pipe you might be sucking air not oil. On the motor I would check the brushes to see if they are worn out. Is the motor getting really hot before it cuts out because that does sound like a thermal cutout problem.

The issue with the cutting like you mentioned is probably an issue with the pump or plumbing if there is a hole in the pipe you might be sucking air not oil. On the motor I would check the brushes to see if they are worn out. Is the motor getting really hot before it cuts out because that does sound like a thermal cutout problem.

No I never noticed it getting hot and it cuts as long as it doesn't get in a bind

For the pump I would make sure there's not so many chips clogging it over time. We have that problem every month or so at my work, even with a strainer thing. Just remove chips an good to go.

Not sure about the breaker issue.

Ya I just put a new 15amp breaker in the motor and it works good now but I'm going to rip the pump apart and clean it out

nice saw, get some Kroon oil

excellent blade life, no bacteria growth, good with aluminium or brass, no cold welding of chips, won't stain paint, machine stays corrosion free and lubricated.
but expensive  and a little smokey when cutting stainless

• Like 1